Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I believe the instrumental to this was in the soundtrack to "Kids", a movie I used to watch obsessively as a teenager. Even at the time I knew the antiheroes of the movie were horrible, boring people, but the prospect of skateboarding around New York, twisting blunts, doing whippets and bonking comely (too) young maidens was too delicious not to exert a profound fascination on me, the village whimpiest.

Anyway, this is a good tune, with an INCREDIBLE snatch of some sort of horn or other (sax I'd usually say) in the hook. The grain of jazz samples was part of the whole glamour of New York for me back then. And now it's almost 20 years ago that actually obtains even more.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I was just listening to this again, sober, to see if the weed had maddened me before into thinking it was good. But no, it IS good. It creeps up on you, so that by the end of it you wish it was twice as long, especially as they begin to apply some sort of FX to the synths to make them sound increasingly spectral and cavernous. Then they stop it. They leave you wanting more. Yes, that's RIGHT, YOU.

version

I can feel the scratchy/white noise synth in that one in the back of my throat -- like eating popping candy.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Luka uses this thread mostly to offload comical songs in. He considers the thread beneath contempt so he posts videos of Alex Jones beatboxing and Jimmy Savilles pioneering DJ sets.

luka

This guy actually looks like Dominic West playing Fred West on that ITV show.

Do you remember Barty sent you that video of him lying in the bathtub having a wank? Jim Redgewell that is, not Barty. Lads whatsaapp group

Status
Not open for further replies.