Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
listening to 'Let me love you' - crowley's right about his voice, but then again it's a sort of R&B song for the everyman, a sort of 'angels' by Robbie Williams of R&B, one for the wedding dancefloor, belting it out with a tie fastened around your sweaty head.

luka

crowley says everyones voice is trash so it doesnt bother me much. its a very obscure and arcane set of voice judging criteria he uses, totally impenetrable.

this is my one for today. westwood played this at the time and i liked it without thinking it was that special but about 10 years ago i rediscovered it and was struck by the instrumental. its as hiphop soul as hiphop soul ever got. its been a favourite ever since.

CrowleyHead

The Singing/Charisma/Good-Songs triumvirate is a rare breed now. D'Angelo is not as good a singer as Bilal but Bilal cannot write songs with nearly as much immediacy and Bilal's charisma is like that of the sweaters his fans wear while picking weed grindings out of the mohair they struggle with while listening to his deep cuts.

Good Voices in Modern R&B are Beyonce (although she loves to ruin everything with melisma and put pointless bridges on her songs), Jaquees, that kid Gallant who got the Grammy nomination, Ty Dolla $ign is ok, Sevyn Streeter is good...

Anyway, tabling that temporarily:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a4zN262sltE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP The God

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
D'Angelo is great but he's a mumblesinger.

EDIT: no need for that 'but' of course, it just occurred to me that D'Angelo really broke ground in the field of not being able to understand what the fuck you're singing/rapping about

Last edited:

luka

post truth to claim he doesnt mumble. he definitely mumbles. ive never liked his music tbh.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You almost made me cry with the Roc Marciano hate and now you go and save it all by saying something good like dangelomumbles!

Carrot and stick.

Leo

just a note to say i love whoever tagged this thread with "that fucking tea tune keeps autoplaying".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
just a note to say i love whoever tagged this thread with "that fucking tea tune keeps autoplaying".

Bahahaha, triggered. :) OK I'll stop now, promise.

Edit: it's still a good tune and you should all listen to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.