Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Choon of the Day

Unlurking with some trepidation to post this :

Which I've been familiar with for years but for some reason only really clicked with me recently. Must have listened to it 15-20 times this week.
    Everything people say about Lennon's Imagine (which to be clear I fkn hate) being the perfect 'sugared pill' subversive pop song is actually true about this song imo.

Wish I liked Scritti's mid-to-late 80s stuff more than I do, but I guess if TSG clicked then it's possible that will eventually too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tentative Andy For This Useful Post:

Welcome back!

I listened to a bit of Scritti after reading 'Rip it up and start again'. I liked 'Absolute' the most.

I listened to a bit of Scritti after reading 'Rip it up and start again'. I liked 'Absolute' the most.

Cheers - got this playing on Spotify now and yeah, it's kind of a jam. The singing voice Gartside uses on this and a lot of the other Cupid & Psyche songs is definitely a bit odd though. Not bad, just..odd.

Anyway, in the spirit of basic human interaction (never my strong point obv.), how's things with you?

Edit: Ahh, Spotify has now reached Perfect Way - I'd forgotten this one was pretty great too. What a chorus!
    Last edited by Tentative Andy; Yesterday at 04:35 PM.

thats a genuinely terrible piece of music andy but on the other hand genuinely good to see you back

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

^Cheers pal. Will have to find something even worse to treat you all to tomorrow.
    Without wanting to brown-nose too much (though again, habits of a lifetime etc.), having peeked into a few of the active politics threads I'm grateful for you and droid being the voices of sanity & generally fighting the good fight.

thanks andy. i look forward to many more unlistenable tunes in the weeks, months and years to come.