Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

stuart taylor
stuart taylor1 year ago
Hi Fort Lauderdale. I can see you are experienced with blade, and am liking the "slasher " course. If you are a boxer or martial artist, who is used to parrying with both hands, why is it better to have the blade in the "non dominant hand"? Some people feel "cack handed" using the non dominant hand. Hence a slightly slower response, which could mean a" life or death action". I am indecisive, as to which hand to use to hold the blade. I think most people would be the same.The only way around this,for me, is to train both hands with the bladed weapon, then train both hands to parry incoming thrusts.
bae313
bae3131 year ago
+stuart taylor Please go back and watch Slasher Course Video # 3, Knife held in the other hand, for more info on why I hold the knife in the non dominant hand.If you meet the criteria I mentioned in the introduction video, # 1, as far as skill level being great enough to go through the course, then you will get plenty of practice using the knife with both your right and left hand in a forward and reverse grip.WATCHING THE COURSE WILL NOT MAKE YOU A KNIFE FIGHTER. YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE DRILLS IN THE ORDER PRESENTED WITH A PARTNER AND ONE OF YOU HAS TO BE A COMPETENT MARTIAL ARTIST if you want to be completely competent by the end of the course. If you want to become an expert, you have to do the course multiple times.You have to do the course with a partner. Once you have a partner and are ready to go through the course, then decide which grip you are going to use and which hand you are going to hold the knife in. Then go through the entire course focusing on that grip in that hand. Ingrain the system into your being one grip and one hand at a time if you plan on learning more than one grip or hand in the long run.Get to a high level of proficiency as quickly as you can. If you are taking the course focusing on both hands, then it will take twice as long to complete.

luka

MATE THAT AINT FOR ME TO SAY SUFFICE IT TO SAY MERELY THAT ON THIS IMPORTANT POINT YOU MAY BE IN ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.