Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

NIRVOONOO - FRANCES FARMER WILL HAVE HER REVENGE ON SEATTLE

'I miss the comfort in being sad' might not have been intended as a profound statement on depression, but it kinda sorta is.

I mean, this RAWKS, which is why I like it, but it's also that touch of melancholy in the chorus. Just a TOUCH. Whereas your shit Nirvana knock off bands laid on the gloom in thick gloopy layers.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've been really enjoying the Ghost Box/Belbury Poly sound the last couple of years and, between that and all the Japanese new-age stuff that's been posted here recently, just thought I'd go straight for the source. So crank up the VAALUUUME and let this bad boy rip:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Listening to various On-U Sound bits in preparation for seeing Adrian Sherwood tomorrow night:

Well, how was it? I don't know Sherwood's stuff much apart from what he's produced or mixed for other people.

Does he have a band of sorts or is it strictly decks-n-laptops?

Leo

i still have a ton of on-un sound 12"s, tackhead/barmy army/mark stewart/gary clail, etc. all sounded so mental and in-yr-face back then. listening now, some of it isn't quite as harsh as i remembered, and then tackhead got signed to a major label and put out some slicker dross. still respect sherwood, tho, singers & players and creation rebel ("starship africa") are pretty great roots and spacey dub too.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Shaun Christopher - Make My Love (Stonebridge Main Mix)

Taken from this Boiler Room set

I'm sorry Hamlet, I'm going to stop you right there. How do I get to see Omar S playing music like this on a beach in Napoli this year? THAT is the question.

I've always dreamed of establishing myself a DJ playing exclusively this type of house, but I don't even know what this type of house really is. Early 90's deep house? It's one of the few types of house music I will be unable to resist bopping to in public.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can't stand watching Boiler Room videos.

Watching people dance badly is something you should only do when you are yourself dancing badly and probably have had a few beers minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.