Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Choon of the Day

THEY ARE CHOONZ. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative Andy View Post
    Listening to various On-U Sound bits in preparation for seeing Adrian Sherwood tomorrow night:
    Well, how was it? I don't know Sherwood's stuff much apart from what he's produced or mixed for other people.

Does he have a band of sorts or is it strictly decks-n-laptops?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i still have a ton of on-un sound 12"s, tackhead/barmy army/mark stewart/gary clail, etc. all sounded so mental and in-yr-face back then. listening now, some of it isn't quite as harsh as i remembered, and then tackhead got signed to a major label and put out some slicker dross. still respect sherwood, tho, singers & players and creation rebel ("starship africa") are pretty great roots and spacey dub too.

Shaun Christopher - Make My Love (Stonebridge Main Mix)

Taken from this Boiler Room set

I'm sorry Hamlet, I'm going to stop you right there. How do I get to see Omar S playing music like this on a beach in Napoli this year? THAT is the question.

I've always dreamed of establishing myself a DJ playing exclusively this type of house, but I don't even know what this type of house really is. Early 90's deep house? It's one of the few types of house music I will be unable to resist bopping to in public.