Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

First Corpsey says guitar solos are superfluous, now this. Rock music is white boy salvation, it always has been and always will be. To say otherwise is heresy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If guitars are dead, then these guys are dead and fucking loving it.

Great Youtube comment: "i heard the drummer was let out for the day to record this"

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons, even death may die

Last edited:

firefinga

does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.

I would if there was more interesting stuff out there, or maybe I am not digging enough (though very little time for that anyways). I buy this (German) bi monthly music mag which comes out with a free CD and there's quite some rock on those, but hardly catches my ear really.

Leo

btw, apologies for derailing this "choons" thread, probably should have started a separate one but the question popped into my mind while scanning the daily contributions to this one.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.

I listen to doom metal interspersed with all the other stuff. There's so much of it that it doesn't matter if it's just been released or whatever. I like some modern psychedelic rock as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HITHygbE_BA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sufi

lala
Ленинград — Кольщик

Good tune, cracking video

(Better version, remixes, making of etc all in vimeoland )

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

You know, when you're into music you don't realise how great it is to be able to enjoy it until you get so depressed you don't want to anymore.

jenks

thread death
There's been a recent reissue of Bob Shad's early 70s productions of which this is a standout track:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

MOBB DEEP - SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST (1995)

New York got a n*gga depressed
So I wear a slug proof underneath my vest...

I'm going out blasting taking my enemies with me
And if not they scarred so they never will forget me

sadmanbarty

Springsteen's considered listening, his roar, his arm movements, joey ramone's pointing doorway cameo, lou reed's hand on shoulders, his "baby", dylan's sit, bono's sincerity, peter gabriel, bono's clapping, herbie hancock, tony williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.