Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

that whole first television album is classic: like some weird, raw sounding prog-rock suite that's perfectly formed. a punk jam band with no fat, the grateful dead on bad acid.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i'd left youtube running autoplay at work after a Can playlist, usually the prelude to having to leap to the appropriate tab to shut down some aural horror.

And then this chimes in....I'd forgotten how sublime it is. To me this is a much more fruitful strip-down to basics than the 3-chord punk bands, because this was a return to something that hadn't existed before.

Last edited:

trilliam

that whole first television album is classic: like some weird, raw sounding prog-rock suite that's perfectly formed. a punk jam band with no fat, the grateful dead on bad acid.

bruv

richard lloyd and tom verlaine is one of the greatest b2bs of all time

torn curtain

these guys had richard hell as well lol unfair

definitely a top top tier album

trilliam

really need to mention jazz if we're talking about their playing style as well

i remember purposely avoiding adventure, something like "the magic had gone"

need to check it out asap

/spam

Leo

the other television albums are decent but nothing touches the debut. production is perfect, the sound of verlaine's guitar riff in the opening section of "friction" still send me off.

btw, the "live at the old waldorf", a bootleg later officially released on rhino, is pretty cool. great sound and performance.from 1978,

entertainment

Early demo version of Marquee Moon. Although the very short distance from VU does diminish the seminality (is that a word?) of the song, i'm inclined to prefer it with the crust left on. Cruder and dizzyingly fast. The video description claims that Eno produced it but Richard Lloyd himself can be found in the comment section saying otherwise.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Interesting how they made it sound much more unique by dropping the Velvets backing vocals and letting the chorus become....unlike a chorus

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Code 6 aka Joey Beltram - Third Aura (original mix) (1993)

Bit cheeky this, but I nicked it from Woebot's Nu Grooves mix:
Beltram is a genius

Leo

Beltram is a genius

i heard joey was a typical queens kid into black sabbath and other rock stuff before discovering techno, his big "hoover" hits ("mentasm" and "energy flash") definitely have that rock-riff feel. i don't really know his stuff beyond those two tracks, guessing he's spent most of his subsequent career as a dj instead of producing.

firefinga

i heard joey was a typical queens kid into black sabbath and other rock stuff before discovering techno, his big "hoover" hits ("mentasm" and "energy flash") definitely have that rock-riff feel. i don't really know his stuff beyond those two tracks, guessing he's spent most of his subsequent career as a dj instead of producing.

He actually kept producing as well as dj-ing mostly in europe I believe (especially Germany). Without consulting discogs I remember he had an album out on the Tresor label from Berlin. It was mostly dj-tool-ish techno IIRC

Leo

He actually kept producing as well as dj-ing mostly in europe I believe (especially Germany). Without consulting discogs I remember he had an album out on the Tresor label from Berlin. It was mostly dj-tool-ish techno IIRC

yeah, i know that stuff exists but it's really old, like 90s and early/mid 2000s. don't think he's released much in the past 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.