Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

dude, didn't you read Dennis Prager

― morning wood truancy (Alfred, Lord Sotosyn), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:36 (yesterday) Permalink

and to be fair, when I say “people,” I mean nearly without exception, men

― mh, Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:02 PM (three hours ago) Bookmark Flag Post Permalink

gonna push back on this one a little, using another person for personal gain is not an exclusively male trait, it's a narcissistic trait. I've had destructive female narcissists in my life.

― IF (Terrorist) Yes, Explain (man alive), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:36 (yesterday) Permalink

I mean, tbf it's a human trait that is found in excess in narcissism, and that is also encouraged, in general, by capitalism.

― IF (Terrorist) Yes, Explain (man alive), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:37 (yesterday) Permalink

dude, didn't you read Dennis Prager

No. Help me out, I don't get the reference

― Never changed username before (cardamon), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:42 (yesterday) Permalink

are women narcissists sexually violent and see it as transactional?

― mh, Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:46 (yesterday) Permalink

that wasn't what the statement I was responding to said

― IF (Terrorist) Yes, Explain (man alive), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:47 (yesterday) Permalink

just asking for clarification! I did let the scope broaden, there, but the main issue is sexual harassment and violence

― mh, Tuesday, 17 October 2017 20:49 (yesterday) Permalink

i guess i just felt like exploitation is so widespread and multifaceted and historical that many instances/types prob need their own specific analysis, is all.

― Bein' Sean Bean (LocalGarda), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 21:07 (yesterday) Permalink

I've encountered - I think - a female narcissist, which was interesting. Definitely no violence was used (but perhaps it does happen - wd need to know more about narcissism). The lack of violence was interesting in fact - compared to a male narcissist, it was like 'this is horrible, I need to extract myself from this situation, but whatever else happens, I'm not going to get punched'.

― Never changed username before (cardamon), Tuesday, 17 October 2017 23:13 (yesterday) Permalink

God, this isn't a discussion about which gender, in the aggregate, is morally superior. That would be a stupid discission that wouldn't help anyone.

― Treeship, Tuesday, 17 October 2017 23:46 (yesterday) Permalink

Of course there are female narcissists. Women are people. Everything a person can be a woman can be. Even bad things.

craner

Beast of Burden

Something that caught my ear from one of Matt's mixes. Not sure why I like it so much, really, maybe because of the unusual gait and small, sparkling melodies. Makes me think of Hugo Largo a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.