Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Choon of the Day

I reckon this is my favorite Mobb track:

Luke hated this album, and I get why, but this is a fantastic and ridiculous track:

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    I listen to Exile on Main Street all the time. Also late 80s/early 90s LA rock. I also love Dogs D'amour. Thin Lizzy. Aerosmith circa 'Draw the Line'. I enjoy that stuff, much more than grunge.
    hey, i grew up outside of boston and saw aerosmith a half-dozen times around "get your wings"/"toys in the attic"/"rocks", they were hometown heroes! and thin lizzy was the first band i ever saw live, opening for queen!

sadly, i later did enjoy some grunge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff.
    Not new stuff:

The chorus splits the difference between Black Sabbath and Nirvana (speaking of grunge). Craner will shake his head in disgust and mutter under his breath about beer drinkers.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo

does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.
    Never have never will

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Leo

First Corpsey says guitar solos are superfluous, now this. Rock music is white boy salvation, it always has been and always will be. To say otherwise is heresy.

Get some tunes from this millenia tho folks. The geetar might be dead, but death is not the end and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Rock music is white boy salvation, it always has been and always will be. To say otherwise is heresy.
    And yet:

Literal black metal!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

If guitars are dead, then these guys are dead and fucking loving it.

Great Youtube comment: "i heard the drummer was let out for the day to record this"

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And with strange aeons, even death may die
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 24-06-2017 at 07:36 PM.

does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.
    I would if there was more interesting stuff out there, or maybe I am not digging enough (though very little time for that anyways). I buy this (German) bi monthly music mag which comes out with a free CD and there's quite some rock on those, but hardly catches my ear really.

btw, apologies for derailing this "choons" thread, probably should have started a separate one but the question popped into my mind while scanning the daily contributions to this one.

After a candlelit dinner at a zizis in cardiff:

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

I listen to doom metal interspersed with all the other stuff. There's so much of it that it doesn't matter if it's just been released or whatever. I like some modern psychedelic rock as well.