Status
Not open for further replies.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Cosmic Jazz Cat Meets Basque Folklore Uptown, makes weird funky only in the early 70s minor masterpiece

William Fischer was an arranger at Atlantic for people like Herbie Mann, but in his spare time he made this, as well as a pretty cool avant rock LP, Circles, that combines top jazz guys (Cobham, Ron Carter), fuzz, and a string section with abstract burbling analog synth noise, kinda like an outre Eugene McDaniels meets jazzy Cluster kinda thing. Also worth checking out.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
tbh heavy cosmic guitar jams are really my thing, I just don't usually mention them here cos dissensus definitely ain't into heavy guitars unless they're credibly weird and/or danceable

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

If anyone's still interested in listening to classical, Beethoven's late string quartets aren't perhaps accessible but are frequently YEAHISAIDIT sublime.

This movement snuck up on me from my shuffle function today and it's always moving to contemplate such music being written late in Beethoven's life, him deaf by this point, and always an unhappy man.

The version I'm listening to is played by the Busch quartet. Recorded a long time ago and not of the best sound quality, but that feeling of remoteness actually adds to the plangency of the music.

cwmbran-city

sunday roast prep & flutes seem to blend well

Merl Saunders & Garcia between 72-74 are my go to water canon for breaking thru the crusted veneer of life induced calcification & blasting off psychic calluses

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting

Silly question perhaps (either because it obviously was or obviously wasn't) but was this ever a legit anthem in the rave scene?

Yes or no I still rate it

Almost inspired a thread about the best dance songs to ever be mainstream hits but for now its my COTD

(side note : Baby D's vocalist appears on the first track of the Prodge's 'Jilted Generation' which cemented her voice in my barely pubescent mind as the voice of the mysterious magical world of rave music which I was far too young and suburban to be involved in - see also, later, diane charlamagne as the voice of jungle (leaving aside general levy of course))

droid

Silly question perhaps (either because it obviously was or obviously wasn't) but was this ever a legit anthem in the rave scene?

Yes or no I still rate it

Almost inspired a thread about the best dance songs to ever be mainstream hits but for now its my COTD

(side note : Baby D's vocalist appears on the first track of the Prodge's 'Jilted Generation' which cemented her voice in my barely pubescent mind as the voice of the mysterious magical world of rave music which I was far too young and suburban to be involved in - see also, later, diane charlamagne as the voice of jungle (leaving aside general levy of course))

Yeah, that was pretty big at the time I think. She was married to Phil Fearon, the owner of Production House.

Status
Not open for further replies.