Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love that luka! UR - so beautiful, to me.

Fela Kuti - Alu Jon Jonki Jon (1973) is the first 12 minutes of this link and I was listening to it yesterday, watching a Man Utd vs Arsenal match from 2005 with the sound off, stoned off my arse with a mate and his jack russell terrier.

THAT'S WHY.

sadmanbarty

Warm synth washes, vaguely dancehallish, gorgeous melody on the chorus... silly rap, but for some reason it doesn't really detract from my enjoyment.

sadmanbarty

The chords remind me of Nelly- Dilemma. The chord progression is actually quite clever in not resolving back to the first chord at the end of the phrase; it leaves you in suspension.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Omar S - Here's Your Trance, Now Dance! 2011

I guess Omar S is the master of working out four or five really strong riffs/melodies and then just pulling them in and out to keep things interesting. The killer element here is the reverb saturated two note fanfare...

I always wonder if it's possible for me to write about instrumental dance music without defaulting to vague metaphorical imagery and perhaps I can't cos I want to start talking about jetliners streaking off across a Pixel-Blue sky.

FUCK.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Brian Eno: Another Green World 1975

Far too short, but then again not overlong. I'm listening to the whole album and it's really good. I'm on a comedown so I need this sort of thing to help me bob along to the shores of 5:30 pm.

This one reminds me of Joni Mitchell's 'Coyote' and 'Morning Morningtown'.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Somewhere back there I posted Omar S - Here's Your Trance, Now Dance!

Just listening to this Virgo track and I think that's where Omar got those spacey aspirational synths:

Leo

love when the slightly-precious/corny chorus comes in: "but on the upside/love is happiness/and tenderness/there's lots of huggin' and kissin'..."

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Jeremih - Oui

In an era of Weeknd style gloomy crooners and declared perverts, Jeremih is certainly not adverse to boasting about his balls, but he's surely one of the few RNB A listers who can make a song sweet enough for your gran and granddad to hold hands to?

That's not why I picked it. Perhaps I'm thinking of such things because this is one which just seems to grow more comforting and charming to revisit with every month. It only came out last year, but feels like an established standard already.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Oh I see where this is going. And I'm happy to condone it.

Ten minute megamix of Todd Tunes courtesy of some bloke called EZ

Here's a mix of Todd Edwards' breakdowns (musical, not emotional)

luka

I was out in the sun drinking and taking drugs saterday to celebrate my birthday and that todd come on as we were 'in a good place' and even my mate who is a Notorious miserablist was overcome with joy and happiness as the sun beamed down on his thinning crown

Status
Not open for further replies.