Birmingham School of Business School
Laughing
Stars of European
In epic bidding again and again
Exciting developments
The Birmingham School of Business School

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
'Why dost thou converse with that fucking trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch cunt of beastliness, that fucking swoln parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of fucking sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that roasted fucking Manningtree ox with the fucking pudding in his belly, that reverend fucking vice, that fucking grey iniquity, that father ruffian dickhead, that vanity in fucking years, for fuck's sake?
Prince Liam, scene iv, 'Gallagher III'

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
woah was def not expecting painfully white Brit rapping over Under Mi Sleng Tang on a leftfield proto-New Beat tip, that is p good

I've become convinced the greatest era for dance music was the post-disco/pre-house years. that tune's a bit late for that but still, v much in the anything goes spirit of the era.

in that spirit

padraig (u.s.)

there is seemingly an endless supply of these downtown/uptown oddball leftfield records, beyond just the obvious disco not disco, and a lot of them are amazing

i mean, that bassline! the guitar, electroish percussion, effortlessly ultracool detached weirdo r+b. my dude loooow-key rapping just caps it off.

i mean there's not a problem he can't fix, he can do it in the mix

padraig (u.s.)

you gotta see the music video too

holy fuck but early 80s NYC clubbing must've been (was, I'm sure) a fantastic time to be around

Leo

woah was def not expecting painfully white Brit rapping over Under Mi Sleng Tang on a leftfield proto-New Beat tip, that is p good

I've become convinced the greatest era for dance music was the post-disco/pre-house years. that tune's a bit late for that but still, v much in the anything goes spirit of the era.

in that spirit

this one has an odd back story: a duo of roger freeman from pigbag and stephen duffy, who put out saccharine sweet dance pop and was an original member of duran duran.

padraig (u.s.)

ya I looked em up. not surprised. seems like every 80s synthpop group, however awesome or dire, had at least one killer 12" B-side dub mixed by Francois K, Jellybean Benitez, etc

speaking of, my tune of the day

think I actually prefer the vocal side - I like George Michael's rap, v post-Debbie Harry - but I thought the dub would go down better here. great tune either way.

craner

Beast of Burden

Also, John Martin is not my favorite painter. I like his more extreme canvasses because they make me chuckle, are sort of impressive in their scale, and remind me of my head when I'm in a particularly depressed mood. Otherwise, my Fine Art tastes and opinions are very highbrow and complex :):D:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.