Status
Not open for further replies.

craner

Beast of Burden
Just wanted to get that straight, because when I was 14 my art teacher asked me to ghost write her autobiography. I said, "OK, but can I write about the Paris years?"

At that moment she ripped up my brilliant paint pastel version of Rembrant's famous self-portrait and two months later lost her job after breathing wine fumes during an interview with the school headmaster.

luka

pride myself on that! i was just trying to goad you into contributing to the painting thread instead of holding yourself snootily aloof of course.

luka

you said "Luke, I owe you a lot, more than I can ever tell, but foremost among all the gifts you have bestowed upon me, has been my first ever hearing of Aaron Neville's 'Hercules' for that, and for everything else, I am truly, profoundly grateful"
but I don't have time to dance I'm going to read Paradise Lost in a week.

luka

my kiwi mate Matt introudced me to it when we were working at Starbucks together a thousand years ago. and im profoundly grateful to him.

craner

Beast of Burden
Or was it the night you were in my room falling over to Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, so pissed all you could do was try and put the needle on the record? Good times.

luka

another great record. i dont need the extended version though. i rarely need an extended version of anything.

luka

mistersloane is like crowleyhead. theyve both got tastes so willfully idiosyncratic as to appear entirely scattershot and arbitrary.
he claims to hate both 'I Wonder if I Take You Home' and James Brown and 'It Takes Two' so in honour of misterslone

luka

what do you reckon of that paradise lost then craner? or is that one of the books they woulndt let you read at university cos they were too busy forcefeeding you ecofeminism and cybermarxism?

craner

Beast of Burden
mistersloane is like crowleyhead. theyve both got tastes so willfully idiosyncratic as to appear entirely scattershot and arbitrary.
he claims to hate both 'I Wonder if I Take You Home' and James Brown and 'It Takes Two' so in honour of misterslone

what do you reckon of that paradise lost then craner? or is that one of the books they woulndt let you read at university cos they were too busy forcefeeding you ecofeminism and cybermarxism?

No, I read it. Had a camp tutor who insister on reading it aloud. It was tedious. But I was 19. Will revisit.

luka

do it this week with me and corpesy. we're smashing it in one week. get it over and done with.

luka

must admit i love reading aloud. anyone that comes round my house is in danger of being read to.

Status
Not open for further replies.