Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

well its delibidinised me. im going to have to get takewaway in tonight. ive lost the energy to cook for myself. i feel dessicated and hollowed out! husk.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
interestingly, hitler was apparently an innately delibidinised man, so perhaps that explains the wagner fixation

i doubt nietzsche was much of a hit with the ladies either tbh

luka

hollywood probably has debased all this sort of stuff for good. impossible to listen to without conjuring up those frigid melodramas.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I was thinking along similar lines TODay, while listening to Handel's water music (and yet i don't vote conservative!)

Music that has become synonymous with being put on hold by your water company

luka

hahah i dunno i like disliking things too its fun isnt it. cant go aorund just liking everything like some brain damaged weirdo

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate

luka

So farewel Hope, and with Hope farewel Fear,
Farewel Remorse: all Good to me is lost;
Evil be thou my Good

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Wagner has some amazing moments, the problem is they're all buried in hours of tedious dross

4 of the most beautiful minutes ever created by human ingenuity, imo

also you can't underrate his vast influence on virtually all strands of avante-garde modern classical music that followed

a terrible person in most regards but also a genius

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
this is my COTD tho. 7 year old boy drops tripppped out franglais narrative about birds over 12 minutes of extremely funky late 70s Felaish groove.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Padraig is a high quality poster isn't he

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually feel like this is a golden or at least silver age for dissensus

We've boiled it down to a real solid roster of new music hating middle aged men (all due respect to sadmanbarty, the beatific 16 year old) and I spend more time talking about Milton and Wagner than Burial and the prayed for UK funky renaissance

luka

Padraig is a high quality poster isn't he

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually feel like this is a golden or at least silver age for dissensus

We've boiled it down to a real solid roster of new music hating middle aged men (all due respect to sadmanbarty, the beatific 16 year old) and I spend more time talking about Milton and Wagner than Burial and the prayed for UK funky renaissance

yeah ive been scared to say it in case of bringing down a jinx but it been a lot livlier recently by our moribund standards. new people who havent been scared off yet and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.