Status
Not open for further replies.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
very British

art rock in general is basically a British thing. or maybe just Euro. if you do it over here it's something else.

Americans have to go to Europe to make true art rock. Reed, Iggy Pop.

padraig (u.s.)

Americans can't make proper art rock. Europeans can't make proper disco. only our own respective off-kilter interpretations.

padraig (u.s.)

plenty of that here but theatricality basically sounds right. puritanism roots run too deep here for true Old World decadence.

luka

dressing up for instance. a lot of english pop careers were just an excuse for digging in the dressing up box. the music was an afterthought.

craner

Beast of Burden
Also Here My Dear is the amazing BAND I was talking about, that 70s grouping...

Who was better? The JBs? Can? PiL?

luka

singing too annoying in both bands. singing in jbs is much better. (weird three way death match youve set up here craner)

luka

atlanta rap. crowley and barty having a masive fight over it on the atlanta thread youre missing out
really heated and personal. great thread.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I didn't have a choon of the day but seeing that Young Thug vid makes me go for this one:

The first line always make me a bit gloomy sort of, "I was riding on a bike, on a very late night" :(

sadmanbarty

The feelin I get when i see crowley's logged in, but hasn't responded to my dm:

Sorry
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like sorry like sorry

Forgive me
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like forgive me forgive me

luka

crowley we need a big atlanta post from you. gather up all your ammunition and make a case. proper go for it.
all guns blazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.