Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
was at principe discos at berghain last friday and i don't really care about any other music anymore

Musical taste is weird, isn't it? I mean, I genuinely like bits of your own music that you've posted in the Dissensus Raw thread, but this ^ is just, like... I actually can't imagine anything worse. Genuinely.

And yet, for all that, I can hear some attenuated commonality between this tune and some of your own music. Weird.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Musical taste is weird, isn't it? I mean, I genuinely like bits of your own music that you've posted in the Dissensus Raw thread, but this ^ is just, like... I actually can't imagine anything worse. Genuinely.

And yet, for all that, I can hear some attenuated commonality between this tune and some of your own music. Weird.

is it the preset synth that makes it so bad for you? agree with you on how music can be weird like that yea. for me this tune is just pure cheerfulness, it's the start of summer, good things lay ahead. such as in a similar way, this would be the end of summer, good things have happened:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
ca. 1973 Italian wot do u call it free psych-funk proto-cosmic disco featuring one of the craziest open drum breaks you'll ever hear (@1:12)

this one I bet some people here know cos it's was such a late 80s Balearic classic but I just heard this it the other day and what the fuuuuuuuuck tho

padraig (u.s.)

1 more cos it's been awhile
normally I'm v much on the stripped down proto-house side of Italo v. the naff heavily accented cheesy vocal side, but this...I mean have two ears + a heart

I mean, who doesn't dream in their heart of a disco for a night under the moon? with turntables mix and one headphone and many record.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

from discogs:

powch July 16, 2017
It doesn’t make much sense to describe the music — just click on the link below and listen. But there is a short, raw story, from Vitali Bardetski who produced the album in 1995: «I don’t remember much when recalling what happened over 20 years ago. I met Ihor thru my older brother who was studiyng architecture at the polytechnical institute of Lviv. I believe Ihor was studying construction or maybe architecture too. I was much younger than Ihor and already managed a few pop artists. I used to spend most of the time in Berlin. Once my bro played me a demo tape by Ihor, and i got really excited and asked brother to introduce me to him. I proposed to go to a studio. At that time there were probably only 2 studios in Lviv. We recorded everything in a single day, all 100% live, no edits, nothing. Just some crazy delay — Ihor liked it sounding a bit «dubby“. The whole session was a pure magic. I just told our engineer «touch nothing now and relax». «Come Angel» — we recorded it twice as there was a malfunction of a tape recorder. I believe I paid something like 100 US$ for everything. That was actually a lot — my rent for a 1 room apartment in the very center was around 25 bucks a month. First we released it ourselves on cassettes with b&w sleeves copied on xerox. I met a crazy guy in Berlin (Gogo was his nickname). He was already working with some ex East Block artists and offered a mini tour in Berlin and the area around it. We came to Berlin and played a few gigs, really strange venues, mainly bars in squats, but it was lots of fun. I remember a couple of young ladies literally loosing conscience along with Ihor’s high frequencies. Financially that was of course a flop. We had been cleaning windows a few days to buy return tickets…»

source & pictures: https://svyazalamuzyka.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/cymbrowskyj

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Agreed. On a similar tip, probably the funniest and scariest thing I saw recently:

Hahaha, this is like some lost Alan Partridge episode where briefly becomes a DJ for some reason.

A youtube voyage from something posted in the modern-hard-psychedelic-dance thread brought me to this:

which is pretty great.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
start of spring and when temperature is above 20 i automatically get back to this:

can someone recommend me something that sounds a like?

padraig (u.s.)

my own personal obsession lately is the 80s South African boogie/bubblegum->kwaito scene

some of the most joyous sounding music I've ever heard, all the more amazing it came out of the grim endgame of apartheid

also kinda cool if u dig behind the scenes to see the collaboration of black + white producers, musicians + singers

it's also recently come under the aegis of the reissue/disco edit industrial complex so far more accessible

I'd start a thread if I thought people were interested but it'd just be a YT dump mostly I assume. a couple personal faves anyway.

this one though

Status
Not open for further replies.