Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowleyHead

yeah, not to get all boring-old-fart about it, i used to love when iggy would go on three-day benders and carve himself up onstage with broken glass and other nonsense. i just found that video to be depressing and sad, waste of a life packaged for the voyeuristic entertainment of 40 million rubberneckers.

Oh yeah, I came to a lot of his stuff recently with the 'crash' as a retrospective thing but even when I glanced at it with minimal interest it had me worried about the people it leaves impressions on (still does tbh).

Leo

early 80s, from italy, on factory benelux produced by be music (bernard sumner and a certain ratio's donald johnson).

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
this is how u take a killer disco bassline (Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way) + turn it into a massive, joyous, gospel-inflected house anthem
surprisingly obscure too, considering it's the same guys (The Basement Boys) that did Love Love Love etc

padraig (u.s.)

this is how u do a completely unrecognizable, mindbending italo proto-house cover of Whole Lotta Love (seriously if you didn't know it was would you have any idea? I wouldn't)

leading to this equally mindbending, colossal edit by Chicago don Jamie 3:26, btw

so there u have it, Zep invented both italo + house (+ samba ofc, as any ful kno)

sadmanbarty

heard this in an estonian shopping centre. it grabbed me. cleansed me. enriched me. i heard a roar where others heard a whisper. an appeal to attain somehting higher. a message. a calling. the gold on gabriel's wings. “The prayer at its appointed hour”.

luka

heard this in an estonian shopping centre. it grabbed me. cleansed me. enriched me. i heard a roar where others heard a whisper. an appeal to attain somehting higher. a message. a calling. the gold on gabriel's wings. “The prayer at its appointed hour”.

ive got a bit addicted to this one now. i should try and answer it with whatever was playing in the barber shop today...
but first i have to find out what it was

luka

hahaha its this girl... i hope trilliam doesnt clock this hes mounted a massive social media campaign against her looool

padraig (u.s.)

when ambient, Balearic, dream house is done well (i.e. it still knocks underneath all the filmy gauze)

an old one with heavy Balearic, vibes - check the steel drums that come in halfway thru - not too far off the early 90s Italian business people are into now

a new one by a Vancouver (I think) dude

the rest of this LP is too wishy-washy downtempo ambient for me but this one is a killer, almost French touch dream house vibes, one of my tracks of 2017

padraig (u.s.)

ethereal, slick but weird - that skronking post-no wave trumpet is a total Sugarcubes type move - Balearic heartbreak jam

Robert Palmer turned outside out thru his navel stuck in a funky elevator with Camino Del Sol, and yet somehow, improbably, not French

Status
Not open for further replies.