Status
Not open for further replies.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I like the idea of house music that is not straight forward
yes I like this idea too, and I was half-joking (only half tho) about the wooze

DJ Sotofett etc - that I've heard - is considerably ravier, more energetic, operating at least partly in the European rave tradition, has some teeth

whereas Mood Hut has more of that repurposed 80s easy listening (what I think I mean by post-vaporwave), kinda wishy washy ambient thing

not that energy always >> gauzy but if we're talking house music, dance music, it's gotta perform its primary function 1st + foremost.

granted I haven't heard everything out of both camps so it's possible I'm over-generalizing. also either way ymmv + as always that's cool.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
if someone asked me for one record that exemplifies why disco is awesome, I think I'd pick this

wonderful orchestration, arrangement, vocals. garage disco before garage disco. just impossibly deep + uplifting.

luka

Craner is in Antigua frolicking in the surf with his 23 year girlfriend, getting a great tan, eating seafood
and wearing boat shoes and tweed shorts every single day. this song is dedicated to him
we miss ya mate

i meant twill shorts. i just noticed this stupid error.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Proof positive of the Neptunes genius - being able to make a solo Jadakiss club banger

Aside from Latrelle's album, this is the great unreleased Neptunes song

Pretty weak vocals but somehow that makes it more endearing to me

luka

the most extreme outsider art in existence. totally outside all discourse, all norms and modes and precedents.
the theme song for an imaginary podcast.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is a good one to run to on a sunny May morning

It's presumably an even better one to rave to as the sun rises over a beach

Status
Not open for further replies.