Status
Not open for further replies.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
speaking of Mood Hut tho, this seems like a record they'd like, tho it'd probably need a woozier edit to up the wooze factor

kind of a Balearic Soft Cell vibe

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I don't have a good excuse to post two like Corpsey, just yolo

dope jam at the exact perfect junction of boogie, freestyle + Madonna style post-disco pop

kinda like Shannon - Let the Music Play if the electro reference point was Zapp instead of Arthur Baker

luka

Craner is in Antigua frolicking in the surf with his 23 year girlfriend, getting a great tan, eating seafood
and wearing boat shoes and tweed shorts every single day. this song is dedicated to him
we miss ya mate

Numbers

I do bet it's awesome live with the right drugs, crowd, etc

Part of its attire is certainly how I imagine the raves in Candadian riviera to be: sunny and laidback outside parties with the slacker precariate. It's not only wooziness too. There is also the slight weirdness to which Leo alluded to (cf. also the Ramzi stuff they released). I like the idea of house music that is not straight forward. Similar with the Sex Mania Tags/Sotofett stuff.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
inb4 barty posts 'pure shores'

Everyone always fantasises about the Nas and Premier album but what about the Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones and Stevie Wonder album?

by the by I found out yesterday that Phil Collins drums on 'Another Green World'

luka

im making a mental mood board for my new radio show, like kanye would do.
this is the only thing on it so far.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Still love that song but it lost some of its magic when I realised she's talking about industrial cranes and not the large, long-legged and long-necked birds in the group Gruiformes - which seemed like an obscure and beautiful poetic image to me.

But to this day I feel like crying with sentimental joy when remembering a crowd of people (mostly much younger than me) singing along to it at Lovebox where Solange performed last year.

luka

Still love that song but it lost some of its magic when I realised she's talking about industrial cranes and not the large, long-legged and long-necked birds in the group Gruiformes - which seemed like an obscure and beautiful poetic image to me.

But to this day I feel like crying with sentimental joy when remembering a crowd of people (mostly much younger than me) singing along to it at Lovebox where Solange performed last year.

is she? lol
how did you work it out? theyre still birds for me, fuck it

luka

i went round craners house just to play him that song on repeat but he didnt rate it. thats
when i knew he was truly in the sunken place.

if he heard it now, in antigua, drinking out a coconut like william hague at carnival,
he would fucking love it cos he is a new man, reborn, resplendant as a god.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
yeah there's a podcast where she talks about making it

it's about trying to get a clear view of the sky and you can't cos there's loads of cranes building high rises (paralleling with not being able to get someone out of your mind, obvs)

i choose to accept my original version of the song as being about cranes flying through the sky

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I have very powerful nostalgic associations with that song but actually listening to it I can't get past it's tacky production

sadmanbarty

this is one of those heaven songs. a song someone could envision and describe in a book, but too perfect to ever actually be realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.