Status
Not open for further replies.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
luka + I may not always see eye to eye but I'm pretty sure we (+ everyone else) can agree on mid-80s boogie meets proto-freestyle meets post-disco dance-pop jams

produced by Amos Larkins, mainly known as the incredibly prolific inventor of Miami bass but also a cornerstone of Miami freestyle - he produced all of Connie's hits as well

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

On a whim earlier I listened to 'Their Law' by the Prodge and I was surprised by how much I still like it. It took me back to being 13 and the Prodigy being one of the first 'bands' I was into (aside from Oasis a bit earlier). Even earlier than that, hearing 'No Good' on a Smash Hits compilation and it being one of the first tunes that I heard that showed me there was a world beyond even 2 Unlimited and Strike. The drums on jilted generation are still so hard. The way this tune just builds and builds on top of those thundering beats and the ravey chords, just encapsulates a time in my life where I dreamed about raves from afar, played video games etc. Listening to tribal gathering in bed, it all being impossibly distant and romantic and thrilling for me in my cloistered rural surburban early adolescence

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Thinking back I remember the drums in 'Lyrical Gangbang' by Dr Dre blew my teenage brain up so it's no wonder I ended up more infatuated with jungle than house

Woebot

La Monte Young loves this Schoenberg piece - particularly parts 1 and 3

Love the way the pages of the score are turned in this YouTube video :D

luka

in a society of constant and quickening change it's so reassuring to know we have craner and his killah priest videos. The still point of the turning world.

craner

Beast of Burden
Sure I remember Kodwo agreeing with me at K-punk's birthday party that this was one of the greatest albums ever made, but I was a bit drunk.

luka

Sure I remember Kodwo agreeing with me at K-punk's birthday party that this was one of the greatest albums ever made, but I was a bit drunk.

it would make sense. he talks a lot about priest and gravediggaz in more brilliant than the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.