Status
Not open for further replies.

droid

Heard this in a dance the other week and the bassline and those weird scratchy percussion bits just destroyed the place.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Amerie - Talkin' to Me (Mark Ronson Sunshine REMIX) (2011)

Nothing that special but Amerie had a great voice didn't she.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
many questionable possibly terrible individual elements magically transmuted into > sum of the parts emergent property gold

the most 1994 thing in the history of the universe possibly

seriously, idk acid jazzness (upright bass aaaah), slacker earnestness, poetry slams, Morphine lite, or Slint vvv lite, goatees, soul patches, post-grunge, idk

kinda to the Red Hot Chili Peppers as Gang of Four was to James Brown

and yet, and yet

always almost loses me at the uptempo more kinda shout rap part but then it's over and I'm back all in. v mono no aware.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Tirzah - Holding On (2018)

Saw Tirzah mentioned and mildly slagged off in the RNB thread but somebody recommended her album cos its produced by Mica Levi and I really like this song in particular SO SUE ME I'M A HIPSTER

Wouldn't say its RNB though

craner

Beast of Burden

Marv's last great jam.

Endlessly danceable and electrically gorgeous. Stevie Wonder never touched this.

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't really like Stevie Wonder's music. This is the closest I get, which is not really about him:

It is an all time favorite of mine though, from a garage pirate recording circa September 2000. Replayed it constantly, also this on the same set:

This was in a late UK garage set that was very open to house! The seeds of UK Funky?

Status
Not open for further replies.