Status
Not open for further replies.

firefinga

Current stuff from DJ Hell. I have a thing for late 1970s, early 1980s synth music (despite the fact I was still in Diapers or Kindergarden back then). DJ Hell himself got into music around that time ad is now back producing copies of that very same sound. He got full cirlce.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I bought one of Hell's albums from the early noughts, when electroclash was the big thing, and was fairly unimpressed with it. Some nice Carpenter/Moroder/Kraftwerk stuff on that^ track, though.

It's funny how omnipresent this genre of synth sound is at the moment - the Stranger Things theme music, for example. Though I guess Boards Of Canada and the Belbury Poly crowd have been mining it for years.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden

From Wild Things Run Fast, not a bad album actually. She would have been exactly my age in this video.

Leo

didn't realize you were into UR, luka. for stomach-punching electro, i might have picked "piranha" but that one's good too.

i'll go in a different direction, tho...

luka

big fan of UR. cover a lot of territory. lose me when they go jazz-schmaltz but otherwise happy to sail with 'em.

Leo

back when rap was fun, still have a soft spot for the goofy stuff...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Lootpack - The Long Awaited (Instrumental) (1999)

This is Madeleine music for me. Even when a backpack-carrying backpacker I knew that neither Wildchild nor Madlib were much cop at rapping, but the beats (plus having only enough money to buy one CD per month) kept me spinning this CD throughout 99. DOOM is pretty much the only rapper I've ever liked who's worked extensively with Madlib (to my knowledge) but his beats are always worth listening to. Speaking of which...

Quasimoto - Tha Unseen (Instrumental) (2000)

This was one of my favourite albums ever back in the early noughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.