Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
full disclosure/too much information: part of my fondness for "square biz" comes from having a puerto rican girlfriend at the time who looked not unlike teena marie on that album cover. i was relatively new to NYC, a hot summer romance in the city but it was not meant be, as she broke my heart in autumn. small town boy meets streetwise city girl, opposites attract but the bright flame doesn't last. the story of a million novels/poems/songs, the one that got away.

for that, i too am glad to be reminded of it.

if only every COTD post was like this

Finally found this on Youtube after only being able to hear it on an old Mac 10 Deja vu set....only has 51 views and is 'unknown' smh. Anyone know who it's by?

sadmanbarty

When I was in year 10 Giggs was worshipped as a god. Most of the kids in my school were from Peckham and used to boast about these super tentative linkages they had to him (they knew his cousin's third aunt twice removed type of thing). Funnily enough he used to pick his kid up from a primary school round the corner, so we’d actually see him fairly regularly on the way home. A few years later there was a period where I’d see him hanging around my dad’s house quite often. This and Pon Di Gaza 2.0 (which must have come out round the same time and was a similarly huge deal) seemed like the first music that was properly ours, rather than being something older kids ‘owned’:

luka

Why was he round your dads? Are you the english version of crowleyhead whos dad was always enertaining wu Tang clan?

sadmanbarty

Why was he round your dads? Are you the english version of crowleyhead whos dad was always enertaining wu Tang clan?

Sorry, should clarify he wasn't in my dad's house, but hanging out on the street, usually a couple of doors down. What's this about crowley's dad?

Leo

Funniest thing was I was talking about the square one soca tune not the square biz tina marie!

ha! yeah, i was a little confused when you referred to "square biz" as a soca track, LOL. i got confused, those memories must have clouded my perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.