Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

but also they invented a style of writing. no one had done symbolist poetry in rap music before wu and no one has done it well since. once i was trapped in a room with a lad who was insisting jedi mind tricks was the best rap album ever made and insisted on playing it to me. it's a disaster when other people try and do wu even wu cant do wu any more

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i was going to say (i swear) that that sloppiness works, probably cos rza's beats are so transparently assembled and gritty - also cos they were genuinely eccentric, not studiously like latter day nerd rappers

New World Order slave trade, minimum wage, Medicaid
Can a devil fool a Muslim nowadays
Inside my lab, I'm going mad
Took two drags off the blunts, and started breaking down the flag
The blue is for the Crips, the red is for the Bloods
The whites for the cops, and the stars come from the clubs
Or the slugs that ignites, through the night, by the dawn
Early light, why is sons fighting for the stripe

inspectah deck and method man were the tightest rappers in the Wu in their golden years

ghostface is my wu GOAT though

sadmanbarty

when does wu tang all go wrong? i actually love wu tang forever. nigga please is great, as is supreme clientel. i even like bits and pieces off the w. after that there's nothing.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
wu tang forever has a lot of great stuff on it but it's bloated

shows the egos were probably out of control already and i wouldn't be surprised if they all hated each other even by that point

crowley will be able to give the inside story though

i even liked stuff on iron flag, that was probably the last one i listened to by them

luka

crowley on wu is the most tormentedly oedipal crowley. cant work out if he loves them or hates them.

craner

Beast of Burden
Heavy Mental is my favorite post-Forever album, and RZA had nothing to do with that one!

I also love KP's verse on 4th Chamber. It was the start of my weird and complicated love affair with him.

luka

everything after liquid swords is decline but that's not to say there's not obscene amounts of good music studding that downward slope, cos there is, loads of it

Status
Not open for further replies.