Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

Maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I did ecstasy I walked from hackney to new cross after a night out. I was walking across london bridge just as dawn was breaking. There was nobody around. The breeze and the sound of the water and distant traffic were really vivid. The sky was this majestic, vaporous pink orange. It was at a point in my life where I was filled with a sense of optimism and opportunity. This song sounds like that.

Rather embarrassingly I think I might have put on Goldie's Sea of Tears when I got home.

Leo

does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.

craner

Beast of Burden
I listen to Exile on Main Street all the time. Also late 80s/early 90s LA rock. I also love Dogs D'amour. Thin Lizzy. Aerosmith circa 'Draw the Line'. I enjoy that stuff, much more than grunge.

Leo

I listen to Exile on Main Street all the time. Also late 80s/early 90s LA rock. I also love Dogs D'amour. Thin Lizzy. Aerosmith circa 'Draw the Line'. I enjoy that stuff, much more than grunge.

hey, i grew up outside of boston and saw aerosmith a half-dozen times around "get your wings"/"toys in the attic"/"rocks", they were hometown heroes! and thin lizzy was the first band i ever saw live, opening for queen!

sadly, i later did enjoy some grunge as well.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff.

Not new stuff:

The chorus splits the difference between Black Sabbath and Nirvana (speaking of grunge). Craner will shake his head in disgust and mutter under his breath about beer drinkers.

luka

does anyone listen to rock'n roll anymore? just curious, and not making a judgment. i mean, i do only very rarely, and even then it's usually not new stuff. maybe it's just a reflection of this particular board, where the majority of conversation and "choons" tend to be hip hop, rap or nuum-related.

Never have never will

Status
Not open for further replies.