Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Ace Hood - Bugatti (feat. Future & Rick Ross) (2013)

I always thought this was produced by Lex Luger. Gone on a bit of a nerdy mission to track down all the MikeWillMadeIt produced Future songs and this came up. This song is just a banger. Same era as 'I'm A Boss', I suppose. Good times

luka

everyones gone on holiday im so bored staring into the abysss, but this sounded good

Leo

and now for something completely different...

a friend is in a folkie duo who played a local gig on friday and this woman opened. while good, this video doesn't adequately capture what a wonderful voice she has. in a world of egotistical, pretentious nyc musicians, she was totally unassuming, bordering on shy and was a complete knockout. twee, but i didn't mind at all. as you might have guessed, i never listen to this type of thing, never heard of her and it was by pure chance that we arrived early enough to catch her act. serendipity is a splendid thing.

Last edited:

luka

ach! posted this on my facebook in response to the taliban one. love young dot. one of the most nuttiest nand most intense of the grime producers.

luka

also sufi told us that it was him that actually taught young dot to make grime in a flat share in brixton over a decade ago.

CrowleyHead

Its weird how 'learning how to make proper productions' ruined him as a producer. That said the "Acid Bomb" beat recently is super commercial but still has that fidgety quality in the sample chops.

luka

not heard that one before. its really really good. guy probably deserves his own thread to recongise his contributions
During this year he made several guest appearances, including on Ed Sheeran's No. 5 Collaborations Project ("Goodbye to You"),[4] Mz. Bratt's Elements mixtape ("Speeding By")[5] and Cher Lloyd's Sticks + Stones ("Dub on the Track"). He also appeared on the Children in Need 2011 charity single, "Teardrop". [6][7] Under the name 'The Collective', Rotten appeared as one of many artists assembled by Take That member Gary Barlow, which included Chipmunk, Wretch 32, Mz. Bratt, Labrinth, Rizzle Kicks, Ed Sheeran, Ms. Dynamite and Tulisa Contostavlos. The single, which was performed both at Children in Need 2011 and Children in Need Rocks Manchester in November 2011 debuted at number 24 on the UK Singles Chart;[8] marking Dot Rotten's first chart appearance

sufi

lala
also sufi told us that it was him that actually taught young dot to make grime in a flat share in brixton over a decade ago.
I taught him nothing - the lad hijacked my laptop for fruityloops.

1st post in the mega-epic dissensus grime thread was about dot, i didn't realise at the time who that was tbh
so, to kick things off:
YOU MUST get the young.dot EP. the best grime record in ages. i keep going on about this record and i'm not going to stop until everyone tells me that they love it!
took me a while to er join the dots.
still :cool: tho

Status
Not open for further replies.