Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

john eden give him a spliff of dagenham rocky once and he had a whitey. hasnt touched it since

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
LoL

I used to love reggae and listen to Sizzla all the time but then I somehow ended up associating it with white men with dreadlocks and nowadays I don't listen to it at all. :(

My COTD is inspired (i.e. nicked off) ILX's Rev, who put it in his list of the best dance tracks of the whatever it was. His list was full of fun stuff, whereas almost everyone else's list was full of Lindstrom and shit like that.

JENNIFER HUDSON - SPOTLIGHT (QUENTIN HARRIS RMX)

luka

martin campbell is a white man as you might have picked up on from the slightly weird vocal

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Someone told me to listen to this album recently and it really is great so

Max Romeo - Uptown Babies Don't Cry

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Did we all overdose on jungle recently, or did it give us a taste for it? In any case, here's some exquisitely rambunctious jungle courtesy of Dillinja, the sort of track that could never be used as montage music on MOTD:

Dillinja - Genius

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Bit of a throwback today, and a sly opportunity to plug my mate Brackles's latest Radar Radio show, which - consisting as it does of UKG and UK Funky - should be of interest to all of y'all. Anyway, one of the tunes he plays is my COTD, still weird, catchy and raw, and with a minutely extended wobble (which is more like a wibble really) that throws a subtle spanner in the rhythmic works and qualifies as a moment of minor genius.

MUJAVA - TOWNSHIP FUNK (2008)

Also notable in this show is COOLY G - NASTY, which I'd forgotten existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.