Status
Not open for further replies.

craner

Beast of Burden

Sketch of one of my favorite Stones tracks. Heard the original so many times, it was refreshing to hear this version.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nina Abdel Malak's singing makes me feel like a barbarian, a caveman. Some unwashed, ruddy, straw-headed Frank or Saxon stumbling half-drunk and sunburnt through the gates of Jerusalem or Damascus in slack-jawed wonder.

Not a tune so much as a collection of snippets, all the more enthralling for the lack of any effects or backing.

Last edited:

entertainment

comical theatrics or heartfelt passion? saw Future Islands at Roskilde really fucking hungover this summer. In most of the songs, all I got was futile panache but then they played "Season" and almost fucking cried so good it was. everything just aligned with the song. suddenly his spasmodically running across the stage and tenaciously screaming the lyrics hit me like paroxysms of pure emotion building up and building up. Even that stupid fucking dance got me sentimental. it could have been the serotonin balance acting up from the alterations the night before, but I don't think I will ever forget what music could do at that moment. And I'm not even a fan of them.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

7TGQEyv.gif

This one's gud m8

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Sorry, couldn't wait until tomorrow. When this came out Ma$e used to infuriate me. Now I love him! This video, all these years later, is mad, hilarious, endearing. His ultra-laconic, don't-give-a-fuck, soft, rhythmic anti-rapping actually sounds great. The remedial class dancing is fantastic, so entertaining, and you have to conclude that Hype Williams was taking the piss. But the laugh is on him because the anti-cool look looks kind of cool now. I might buy the 97 Ma$e album for the car.

Speaking of Ma$e - he's just dropped a vicious diss song at Killa Cam after years of being goaded by cam

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

And annotated it on rap genius!

https://genius.com/a/mase-breaks-down-his-new-cam-ron-diss-the-oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.