Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He turns up in a trenchtown pub where there's a rowdy basement session in progress

He enters and the music stops, you can hear a pin drop

The revellers shake their heads and get back to dancing to elephant man or whatevs

Future islands man suddenly shocks all by pulling the plug on the turntables and flicking a coin into the jukebox

Vybz Martel feat Future Islands Freaks new record label orchestrated song starts playing. To the disbelief of all FIF starts doing his weird dance. vybz kartel approaches him with a gun raised.

Tension is high - but then vybz joins in! Then everyone does

It's so good

sadmanbarty

The first time I really got this album was when I was staying in a campsite in Greece and I'd been up for a couple of days enjoying the company of some rather delightful serbian girls. the two days had consisted of a steady stream of drugs, booze, broken english and sex (which had declined in quality, length and cleanliness over the course of our time together). it was night and we were lying on a beach, the girls went to sleep so i put this on. the murkiness and majesty of the album integrated perfectly with the combination of my sleep deprivation, intoxication, humidity, base hedonistic satisfaction, grubbiness and sentimentality (the stars, the moonlight reflecting on the sea, how peaceful the girls looked sleeping, the sea air, etc).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

NINIOLA - MARADONA (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Me and 2 Nigerian girls were having an orgy on a beach a few years ago and after they fell asleep I lay there on my big pile of gold coins and listened to this and felt quite wistful

;)

luka

it's like you've hacked into my facebook tbh quite weird keep posting about stuff ive been talking about there including maradonna... was pontificating airily about him yesterday...
what a great song though. never heard it before

luka

this one takes me back to the time i was at an eco-camp in the amazon ingesting ayahuasca while all these dusky tribal maidens wearing coconut shell bras and orchids in their hair took turns tonguing my arsehole and dancing a wild dance of lust. i had visions of an erotic wonderland, orifices everywhere, while this sexy slinky music draped itself over me like the folds of an sensual serpent.i felt quite wistful

luka

whenever i hear this i cant help but think back, wistfully, to the time i was in Iran, privy to the secrets beyond the veil, shagging some Eastern beauty with sculpted brows and a proud nose whose name i cant remember. the tumult and upheavel outside reflected our own passions back to us, and seemed to magnify them, proper going for it, while the revolution unfolded beyond the boudoirs privileged walls.

Leo

i distinctly remember sitting in front of the fireplace on that snowy christmas eve night as a child, sipping hot chocolate in my pajamas and waiting to hear santa's sleigh bells and reindeer hoofs on the roof when this holiday classic came on the radio, lifting me up with joy and filling the air with the spirit of christmas and sugar plums dancing in my head.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it's like you've hacked into my facebook tbh quite weird keep posting about stuff ive been talking about there including maradonna... was pontificating airily about him yesterday...
what a great song though. never heard it before

i did once find you on facebook somehow and i followed you for quite some time - cybernetically, not at a distance of 100 yards

that was a while ago though so this seems to be a telepathic phenomenon

luka

the first time must have been telpathic too cos i thought i had my settings on ultra-private... or maybe i just assumed they were ultra private

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Leo's post reminds me that last week I listened to DMX's first album and thought it was much better than I remembered it, though still majorly sagging around the middle-late-middle

The intro track is incredible.

I remember hearing this on Westwood back in 98 or whenever it was, and loving his weird doggy voice (its a shame he never did a track about sausages) and the OTT dramatic beat.

The three girls I was at the time agreed with me, btw - indeed, the casio gong pounds got them quite riled up and before I knew it they'd given THIS dog a bone and were determined to play fetch. By the end of the track I was howling at the moon in the throes of vulpine orgasm.

After I'd spent myself on the persian rug and they'd all left to fetch a fresh bottle of champagne, though, I was left alone, prostrate, listening to the rock n roll remix of 'All About the Benjamins' featuring Tommy Stinson, Fuzzbubble, Rob Zombie and Dave Grohl on drums, and I began to feel really wistful

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
In DMX related news

Shame this video cuts to the original audio instead of letting the crowd noise continue, but good to see DMX looking a bit healthier than before

sadmanbarty

this song has no connotations of past sexual conquests, foreign trips or extravagant behaviour. it is just a simple song and i am just a simple man.

it does make me feel quite wistful though.

luka

dont mind us. we've lived empty lives of unfulfillment and failure, squandered what scant potential we possessed, despair, despond and disappointment our only friends, and now we shuffle the downhill slope to death, obsolescent before we've made our mark

Status
Not open for further replies.