other_life

bioconfused
Why is she freezing them out and ignoring them when she needs their help, she isn't giving them any information, any clue. How is this weirdly paranoid behaviour going to win anyone over?

synecdoche of a world historical relationship in one person

IdleRich

IdleRich
It occurs to me that on dissensus we've had people who would defend the Iraq war, we've had people denying that HIV exists, asking for hyper-capitalism to bring about the apocalypse etc but will anyone defend Brexit as a good thing?

sadmanbarty

eden didn't vote either way. lexit sympathies though.

vim enjoyed it as an affront to the liberal establishment, the intellectual class and so forth, but wouldn't ever want to commit to something on its own merits. he views politics as art; the age of brexit and trump as punk against the stale prog rock of centrist liberal democracy.

sadmanbarty

Yeah that's all cool unless you have to live with it.

his perspective is that human cognition is incapable of making objective assessments of the world and thus political discussions and opinions are merely people lobbing their arbitrary confirmation bias at one another.

sadmanbarty

yeah sorry, that was vim. john is a man with firm moral principles which he acts upon to the betterment of his local community.

vimothy

yurp
It occurs to me that on dissensus we've had people who would defend the Iraq war, we've had people denying that HIV exists, asking for hyper-capitalism to bring about the apocalypse etc but will anyone defend Brexit as a good thing?

no war but the class war

IdleRich

IdleRich
This could be a major development: Downing Street appears ready to countenance a confirmatory referendum.

Guardian is saying right now...

version

So Farage has a new party, he's recruited Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister and he's already catching heat from Batten.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So Farage has a new party, he's recruited Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister and he's already catching heat from Batten.
The other day when May decided to talk to Corbyn I was reading all these comments on the Sun. They were saying stuff like "Why doesn't she talk to Farage, he'd sort it out?" and "All the UKIP MPs and all of Farage's new party's MPs are gonna be totally opposed to this" - and it really struck me that your average Leave voter thinks that UKIP has MPs and, worse, thinks a party that formed yesterday has already got a load of MPs - they think that the main issue is European bureaucracy blocking us leaving rather than internecine UK squabbles, and this is why Mark Francois or whoever can come out with this utter shit about how we're being trapped by the EU and people believe him. Cos basically the people who like him a) don't read the news and b) probably make out the long words if they did. And thus Brexit I guess.