Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: UK EU Referendum Aftermath

Just read this, sounds too good to be true but....

Is no-deal the legal default?

Rose Slowe, an Honorary Research Fellow at University of Bristol Law School, an author on EU law, and a barrister at Foundry Chambers thinks not.

Her expert learned opinion is:

Leaving the EU without a deal on 29 March 2019 is not the “legal default”, as has been repeatedly, but wrongly, asserted. It would, in fact, be in violation of the supreme law at both the domestic and supranational level, namely the UK constitution and EU Treaties (or more broadly, the General Principles of Community Law which includes ECJ jurisprudence alongside the Treaties). As such, without an Act of Parliament authorising Brexit in whatever form, the legal default is that the Article 50 notice issued will lapse, if not unilaterally revoked.

Anything could be true. Anything at all.

"Government could ignore indicative Brexit votes, says Liam Fox"

Arguably the biggest cunt of them all. How is he still in government at any level?!?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Arguably the biggest cunt of them all.
    Under anything like normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but as it is I'm not sure he significantly stands out about the background cuntery of Gove, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Hannan and the rest. It really is an all-star line-up of suppurating ani.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you