Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wonder if Johnson has actually thought of this or if it's just that he's proved so untrustworthy so far that Remainers are actually imputing to him worse intentions than even he has. The boy who cried wolf almost.

It's got to the point that if Johnson said "Tomorrow will be Tuesday the third of September", I would need to consult a calendar.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's weird that he is prepared to do absolutely anything to keep his promise of leaving on 31st October when he has broken so many promises so easily in the past.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Presumably because he knows that his time will be up if he doesn't - he's staked everything on achieving this

"latest fear amongst anti-Brexit MPs is that Boris Johnson could announce a general election for before 31 October, but then shift the date to after"
Seems totally credible at this point. Could this possibly be a completely broken country...?

Last edited:

version

I think it's more that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to asset strip the UK and reshape it as they see fit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Next few days are gonna be a fucking crazy battle in the courts and parliament... and even after that I'm not sure how much we will know about what's actually going to happen.

version

Cummings isn't the omniscient ubermensch that some of the Tory spin is making him out to be. He does however have an intuitive understanding of true populism which is very rare in Westminster. I fear some of his opponents are underestimating him again.

He understands that most people

A) don't care at all about process
B) don't care about logical consistency
C) care a lot about the things that directly impact their life (NHS, crime)
D) hate being told how to behave

He also understands the importance of message discipline better than anyone since Campbell. Repetition looks absurd to those of us who pay attention to politics but cuts through to the majority that don't.

What's he bad at?

A) analysing his own failings (ironically given his love of Tetlock etc)
B) the boring work of detailed policy development
C) avoiding petty and distracting battles with his enemies.

(I worked with him for four years by the way it any more recent followers are wondering why I'm tweeting this. Personally I liked him him a lot most of the time. He's funny, charismatic and inspires loyalty. He also royally pissed me off sometimes through sheer unreasonableness)

I think I'm probably the only person whose worked closely with him who didn't support leave. I haven't spoken to him since the referendum was called. So he may have a changed a lot in the last five years....but I doubt it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cut out the Populism, that is "eurospeak". Don't be afraid to use the word "Patriot", There are still thousands of us about who care more about Britain and the Crown, Than we do about a Traitorous Parliament which is betraying Democracy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Something is giving this government a pair. It may be Boris but DC seems to have his finger on the nations pulse and guiding the Tory ship through the storm and not round it. Calmer waters ahead I feel and a big majority.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What are Cummings' actual politics apart from maniacal self-interest, because he doesn't seem to like the Tories much? Is he so crazy to think that no-deal Brexit will actually be good for people?

The writer/Cummings are absolutely right that people don't give a shit about process or logical consistency. That's why explaining why the Tories are wrong in a clear and logical manner is a delusional strategy that will lose. Much better to try to tar them with the labels of psychopaths, liars and con-men - it warmed my heart to hear that neurologist calling Jacob Rees-Mogg a muppet.

Cummings isn't the omniscient ubermensch that some of the Tory spin is making him out to be. He does however have an intuitive understanding of true populism which is very rare in Westminster. I fear some of his opponents are underestimating him again.

He understands that most people

A) don't care at all about process
B) don't care about logical consistency
C) care a lot about the things that directly impact their life (NHS, crime)
D) hate being told how to behave

He also understands the importance of message discipline better than anyone since Campbell. Repetition looks absurd to those of us who pay attention to politics but cuts through to the majority that don't.

What's he bad at?

A) analysing his own failings (ironically given his love of Tetlock etc)
B) the boring work of detailed policy development
C) avoiding petty and distracting battles with his enemies.

(I worked with him for four years by the way it any more recent followers are wondering why I'm tweeting this. Personally I liked him him a lot most of the time. He's funny, charismatic and inspires loyalty. He also royally pissed me off sometimes through sheer unreasonableness)

I think I'm probably the only person whose worked closely with him who didn't support leave. I haven't spoken to him since the referendum was called. So he may have a changed a lot in the last five years....but I doubt it.

Last edited:

version

Craner might know. The way he spoke about him a while back suggested he'd been following him for a while.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
figuratively or literally?

Definitely sounds like something Craner would know. Interested to find out, because I don't want to read his (Cummings') website in case it's encoded with next level mind control.