Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: UK EU Referendum Aftermath

Who knows? I'm not a big conspiracy theorist. Normally these things are incompetence. Most likely May saw something that convinced her, acted too quickly, realised she was wrong and (once again) tried to plough ahead and declare the matter closed rather than admit that and deal with it properly. I don't think there was some big scheme against him if that's what you're asking.

Nigel Farage fruit loaf.jpg

Farage has a bacon sandwich moment today.

I wish he'd have another of those airplane crash moments...

WHEN boy WHEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It says bless the lads and it means bless the lads.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    i don't know, probably some marxist cultural theory or something
    https://manifestacionesoterica.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    I wish he'd have another of those airplane crash moments...
    Yeah, and do it properly this time.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

So May delivering her speech in parliament and no Tories there to watch her. Seems the cabinet may be getting ready to get rid of her this afternoon.... or that's what people are speculating anyhow.

Oh good, Totes Ledge Bozza for PM by dinnertime. Ugh.

I can't recall a situation where someone has been so manifestly terrible at such an important job and yet, all things considered, probably the least awful person who could feasibly occupy it.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I think the replacements are worse but May is just draaaaaggging this whole farce out and it will never end. Something has to happen at some point doesn't it? I don't get how they are saying Boris would force a No Deal Exit if he came into power - surely parliament has blocked doing it deliberately? I mean he could kinda deliberately slide to it by default I guess but I don't get that that's what they mean.

Well seems May isn't resigning today. But Leadsome did. And May might tomorrow... or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Well seems May isn't resigning today. But Leadsome did. And May might tomorrow... or Friday.
    29th May would mean her term as prime minister equals Gordon Brown's, but doesn't look like she can even hang on that long.

A certain poetic appeal to the end of May coming by the end of May... but I seem to recall people saying the same thing last year.

So they are now saying she (May) may abandon this unpopular bill. Crace had it exactly right when he said that she has this kinda indomitable inflexible front.... right up to the moment she suddenly caves and reverse-ferrets by 180 degrees. And it's true, every time.

Saw on fb

Whoever you are, whatever you believe politically, whatever you feel is right for our future, however you choose to vote today, remember: Whatever the result, the government will say,"This is a clear sign that the British public want us to get on with delivering Brexit."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Yeah, it's so fucking predictable.

Views on this, anyone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48384000

EU citizens living in the UK have told of their anger after they were unable to vote in the European elections.

The Electoral Commission said the "very short notice" from the government about the UK's participation in the elections had an impact on the process.

EU citizens can vote in the country they live in by registering to vote and completing a UC1 form.

But many complained of receiving the form late and of it not being processed by their local authority in time.
    Genuine cock-up or voter suppression?

Got a Spanish friend saying cock up. Not that she's not pissed off about it and feels more rejected by the shitty country.