baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
You really don't want any of these bastards to become martyrs, would potentially make things even worse. In prison, yes.

Watching the live stream now, and it's sickening. As someone now pointing out, Johnson's language is outrageous - he should be prevented from calling the Benn Act a surrender bill, so incendiary, along with the talk of betrayal. Bercow not doing his job on that score.

Edit: He's fucking done it again!
Edit 2: Now someone's getting apoplectic at it again, linking the language to death threats. Good - this is such a key point.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if someone swung for him, at this point.

Interestingly, Rees-Mogg looking very glum, not like the appalling smug twat he usually is. Maybe he had a holiday planned?

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
This Surrender Act cuntishness really boils my piss. How can they get away with repeatedly mischaracterising like that? They go further down in my estimation every day.

version

Paul Waugh
‏Verified account @paulwaugh

Wow. @BorisJohnson responds to emotional plea by @paulasherriff to stop using perjorative and 'dangerous' language like 'Surrender Act' (citing memory of Jo Cox and referring to new death threats to MPs), by saying her remarks are mere "Humbug". Total fury on Labour benches.

12:00 PM - 25 Sep 2019

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also this

@SkyNewsBreak
Downing Street says if opposition MPs do not table a no-confidence motion in the Government tonight then it will assume Parliament is behind the Prime Minister's Brexit plan and Boris Johnson does not rule out a second prorogation in order to achieve it
Breathtaking arrogance, dishonesty and stupidity in one go if true.

version

John Rentoul
‏Verified account @JohnRentoul

Extraordinary Q from Jeremy Lefroy, Con, urging PM not to use language of “surrender” or “traitor” – Johnson says he didn’t say it
12:53 PM - 25 Sep 2019

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Even worse was how he reacted to the MP who replaced Jo Cox, who made the same point. This piece of shit needs to be stopped - he is inciting fascist violence.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He's off the rails, lashing out like a cornered rat. Doesn't care who he offends, what lies he tells, what rules he breaks... this is so far beyond the pale

Johnson just said in the Commons that the best way of honouring the memory of Jo Cox and of bringing this country together is to get Brexit done.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Johnson just said in the Commons that the best way of honouring the memory of Jo Cox and of bringing this country together is to get Brexit done."

In the same way that Germany should honour the memory of Anne Frank by invading the Netherlands again.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Today was well shit.
But I have a feeling, maybe a hope, that some people had a naked lunch moment.
Well you've got a Mail on Sunday journalist saying this

@DPJHodges
I think the referendum result has to be respected. But at any price? Literally nothing else matters? The rule of law. Basic decency towards the family and friends of a murdered MP. Respect for our fundamental principles and institutions. By any means necessary now?

IdleRich

IdleRich
The number of people replying to agree is promising I've got to say... I can't imagine Johnson won many over to make up for those he might have lost.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It's like that I**n D****n Smith quote, about him going to prison as a martyr for Brexit. The language isn't incidental, neither was Johnson's line about 'i'd rather die in a ditch'. It's upping the ante, continually - language around religion, around violence.

Turns out Jess Phillips received a death threat using the phrase 'dead in a ditch'. Dogwhistling to the far right, for weeks and months now.

New poll from the 24th is more promising, Labour and Tories neck and neck for the first time in forever, and opposition parties in total significantly ahead of Tories and Brexit Party.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I musn't have been paying enough attention to Johnson over the years because I'm actually quite shocked at how unscrupulous he's showing himself to be.

On Johnson, Corbyn and Dominic Cummings:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v41/n18/william-davies/how-to-be-prime-minister
Yeah I feel the same actually. I honestly thought Hunt would have been at least as bad so I didn't really care about BJ winning the leadership thing... but I was wrong. Anyway, I have a feeling this thing with the Arcturi woman might be more significant than I realised at first. Seems she went on jollies with the mayor's office but was not included on lists of attendees he supplied. Fingers crossed eh?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
He's a void of a person, totally colonised by narcissism. He doesn't believe in anything at all, except his own right to do whatever he wants to do. His long-term record as a 'writer' (can't give him that term without quotes) shows clearly that he has no respect for anything or anyone.

I'm all for scrapping private schools as a symbolic act. Of course rich people will still get great education, but the hold that a few schools have over the entire country needs to be dismantled (at least symbolically). Britain is painfully anti-progressive at its core.

Arcuri - there's a thread on Twitter that I'm not sure has gone viral yet - allegedly the money flowing through her went to fund far-right events in the US, featuring people like Yiannopoulos, with links to Bannon. Effectively Johnson was ethically laundering UK government money through her (so they say!). As you say, it might be a scandal on a totally different level to how it was initially presented. Of course, we'll have to wait for substantiation of the allegations, but apparently it's in the public realm already - the person posting said he'd had three journalists contact him already, cos they couldn't use Google properly to find this out.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I do think it was particularly tasteless for those grieving a mother, MP and friend to say the best way to honour her memory is to deliver the thing she and her family campaigned against. I think it was a very tasteless way of referring to the memory of a murdered MP, murdered by someone who said “Britain first”, of the far right tendency which you could argue is being whipped up by this sort of language.
Rachel Johnson.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Another government defeat, they won't recess parliament for the Tory conference. Most football clubs would fire the manager if he lost his first seven games right?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
They wouldn't if he was in the final of the Champions' League despite domestic form. Losing parliamentary votes is something he hopes to transform into an advantage, by upping the ante on people vs parliament. I'm hopeful he's overshot on this, but I reckon it's still the endgame

Did you see that Jolyon Maugham, the supreme court litigant, has been advised to wear a stab vest. Dark, dark times. I notice quite a few Greek people have been comparing UK to the collapse in their country, in terms of total breakdown of any decency within parliament