Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889
Results 1,321 to 1,323 of 1323

Thread: UK EU Referendum Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Has anyone else noticed an increased occurrence of phrases like "extreme Remainers", "Remainiacs" and so on? It just struck me that the Overton window on Brexit has now moved so far that simply maintaining the UK's existing legal and economic relationship with the EU can now be painted as a sort of radical position.

Maybe it's just a case of fallacious balance, or the idea that if a NDB is extreme, then its opposite - no Brexit - must be extreme, too. Which sounds a bit like saying that if shooting yourself in both feet is an extreme measure, then not shooting yourself in either foot is also extreme, so shooting yourself in only one foot is a good, sensible compromise.

I use remainiacs ironically because the EU has realised that it is their petty squabbling that is going to give them a chance to get shot of us. fair play, it's cuntish, but we can't expect much else from our boss overlords. I.E: the leavers aren't actually going to bring about no deal and soft remainers are too flaccid to get worked up about Corbyn. And I think they are right, in this situation it's best to be placid. and flaccid. corbyn is not the most evil man who has walked the face of 10 downing st.
    Last edited by thirdform; Today at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

but when i said this a year a half ago that the remain campaign is likely to trigger no deal you laughed at me so who knows really Sid.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    but when i said this a year a half ago that the remain campaign is likely to trigger no deal you laughed at me so who knows really Sid.
    It makes sense to me... but I was glad when say May's deal was rejected cos it kept alive the possibility of both No Deal and also Remain. And I'd rather have that sliver of hope than it just be done and dusted with the WA... but yeah, the penalty for that was an increased likelihood of No Deal.
    I've seen people saying Remain Extremists more and more too - it struck me as a childish rhetorical attack on Remainers that is annoyingly gaining more currency and traction than it deserves. No more behind it than that I expect.