Nice and ongoing terror attacks in W Europe

luka

Never go too far in any direction, is the basic law on which Limey-Land is built.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mr middle England

I don't think the phrase "middle England" means what you think it means, or would like it to mean.

The reflexive horror of anything that smacks of moderation reminds me of some hilariously awful bollocks I once read (from the inimitable pen of one S. Kriss) about how 'moderates' - "people who drink exactly half a bottle of wine with their dinner" - are, like, literally the worst kind of people that exist. Because, you know, it's definitely preferable to be either a joyless abstainer or a piss-soaked lush with a liver like a prune than to have a functional relationship with alcohol. Fascism and Maoism are definitely far superior to liberal democracy. And so on.

luka

You don't get to decide what middle England means. Wikipedia gets to decide
The phrase "Middle England" is a socio-political term which generally refers to middle class or lower-middle class people in the United Kingdom who hold traditional or right-wing views.
Middle England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Middl...

luka

Im not trying to argue with you though. You misunderstand me. I'm very benevolent. I'm trying to teach you something. I'm trying to help you. I'm holding up a mirror and saying, have a look at this. That way you can grow and become stronger and wiser.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Then I don't think you know what "right-wing" means.

I'm very benevolent. I'm trying to teach you something. I'm trying to help you. I'm holding up a mirror and saying, have a look at this. That way you can grow and become stronger and wiser.

Lol, thanks Yoda.

luka

Tbf the Gangsta jihad thing is intersting and because I am a leading sociologist I've been tracking it for years. It's linked to prison life. You can see it in the Muslim Boys gang that terrorised sout London with forced conversions a while back. You can see it in Notorious, the Nike Bikies from Sydney mostly if Lebanese descent. It's been present in black America for years intermingling with NOI and 5%. The more scared mainstream society is of Muslim the more attractive it becomes.

luka

It's pointless trying to accuse me of not knowing what specific words or concepts mean. We all know I know. You're here to learn not compete. I'm here to teach not to compete. Droid and Craner, they do the competing. They're good at it.

luka

I mean like, if this was a physics forum I'd sit at your feet and take notes. I'd defer to you. But it's not.

luka

Don't get me wrong. What you got going for you is a willingness to learn. It's very courageous and humble. I admire that. You want to develop your inferior faculties. More of us should do that, but it's difficult and it's frustrating

luka

Craner should start meditating, droid should develop his social skills, I should do... Whatever I need to do. In that way you're an inspiration

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Craner should start meditating, droid should develop his social skills, I should do... Whatever I need to do.

But you already reached the status of Perfect Illuminated Master years ago, right? There's no way you possibly can grow. Really, you're the one we should feel sorry for.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seemingly random attacks by individuals 'inspired' or in solidarity or justified by an ideology or group are far more difficult to detect, prevent or contain.
Especially if you don't need a load of weapons or a bomb - just a truck. I think that's a big thing that I've not seen much discussion of (maybe it's there and I've missed it) but if you can kill a hundred people with something that is readily available to anyone then there is a new problem. I wonder why no-one ever thought of that before. It's like, security is so high at airports and for planes, why don't terrorists blow up ships or trains or something that would be much easier? Planes make more of a statement of course but now it seems statements aren't so important, the thing is just to kill people - wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw more of these softer targets blown up in the near future.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's like, security is so high at airports and for planes, why don't terrorists blow up ships or trains or something that would be much easier?

There was a huge bomb attack against trains in Madrid in 2004, remember. To say nothing of the attacks on buses and the Tube in London a year later.

But yeah, why bother doing difficult stuff with explosives, which'll involve lots of planning and preparation and is liable to be detected by intelligence agencies, when you can cause a similar death toll with something as mundane as a truck? It is in a sense even more terrifying because it's that much more difficult to stop.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"France is going to have to live with terrorism" - not words that people want to hear, but it's hard to see how it can be any other way.