Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice and ongoing terror attacks in W Europe

Hollande's popularity went up by 7/8 points following the November attacks in Paris (and his handling of them), but seems like the opposite is happening now. As much as I dislike Hollande, seems like his potential downfall will be nothing but a windfall for the far right

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Come on, that's somewhat unfair. I don't claim to have answers to everything - anyone who purports to do so is talking bollocks, obviously - but that's hardly the same as having no opinions.
    I dont think he's saying you have no opinions, just the same opinions, regardless of subject, which is a little harsh but I think also partly true - not that me saying it will help things.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Hollande's popularity went up by 7/8 points following the November attacks in Paris (and his handling of them), but seems like the opposite is happening now. As much as I dislike Hollande, seems like his potential downfall will be nothing but a windfall for the far right
    spending $11,000 a month for haircuts doesn't help.

Yeah maybe a bit harsh? I don't know. I was expressing frustration. You know that I'm Mr middle England the arbiter of common sense shtick does my head in

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I dont think he's saying you have no opinions, just the same opinions, regardless of subject, which is a little harsh but I think also partly true - not that me saying it will help things.
    Well why formulate a new opinion for every situation when you've got one already that'll do perfectly well? It's inefficient.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Yeah maybe a bit harsh? I don't know. I was expressing frustration. You know that I'm Mr middle England the arbiter of common sense shtick does my head in
    Oh come on, you love it! And you're Luka, the lysergic poet-warrior-mystic. That's how our double-act works.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

lol. Yeah, Luka, thats how you are to be known from now to eternity. The funny man in a double act with tea.

Locked together unto infinity. Like Sisyphus and his boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    spending $11,000 a month for haircuts doesn't help.
    the mind does boggle
    http://www.telesurtv.net/export/site..._959857397.jpg

You've got a rhetorical strategy you always lean on. Every interjection goes like this
    'steady on chap, that's a bit rich for my gullet"
    'hey, go easy there friend, you'll frighten the horses'
    'woah nelly'
    'calm down dear, Mr common sense is here'

Never go too far in any direction, is the basic law on which Limey-Land is built.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Mr middle England
    I don't think the phrase "middle England" means what you think it means, or would like it to mean.

The reflexive horror of anything that smacks of moderation reminds me of some hilariously awful bollocks I once read (from the inimitable pen of one S. Kriss) about how 'moderates' - "people who drink exactly half a bottle of wine with their dinner" - are, like, literally the worst kind of people that exist. Because, you know, it's definitely preferable to be either a joyless abstainer or a piss-soaked lush with a liver like a prune than to have a functional relationship with alcohol. Fascism and Maoism are definitely far superior to liberal democracy. And so on.

You're doing it again!

You don't get to decide what middle England means. Wikipedia gets to decide
    The phrase "Middle England" is a socio-political term which generally refers to middle class or lower-middle class people in the United Kingdom who hold traditional or right-wing views.
    Middle England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org wiki Middl...

Im not trying to argue with you though. You misunderstand me. I'm very benevolent. I'm trying to teach you something. I'm trying to help you. I'm holding up a mirror and saying, have a look at this. That way you can grow and become stronger and wiser.