Radio

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Last night I listened to the excellent Geeneus interview on RA and (combined with Luka's recommendation of listening to mixes) it lit a fire in me to give radio more of a chance.

Today I'm listening to Kode 9 (Monday 15th August). Been pleasantly surprised, or relieved, to find that Kode is still playing good stuff. Including some throwback wobbly dubstep thing and this Rae Sremmurd tune (see below)

STEAM HERE: http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podcast/Hyperdub140816.mp3

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Tune 40 minutes in afrobeat/pop thing 'Television' is a banger...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He's played 3 tracks off Sremmlife 2 so far.

The track off Skratcha DVA's new album sort of encapsulates what I don't really like about Kode's selection here: very noisy, bloopy, bleepy, reminiscent of juke and other forms of 'ghetto house'. OTOH I think it's interesting to transition from a Rae Sremmurd track to something so pummelling. As ever with Kode, you never know what's coming next.

Of course I am sat at my desk on a Thursday morning so I'm hardly up for a rave...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not really a fan of the actual Hyperdub stuff lol

Zomby eskibeat track just sounds like a mess to me.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listening to Benji B's latest show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08c2vmp

Akito - Carry On Comedown

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Shackleton and Avenge Sevenfold - Before the Dam Broke

This is as ponderous as LUKA would no doubt say it is but got some quite cool things going on in it

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
In truth I've not kept up my pledge of listening to radio

But what I like about it is you cede control of what you listen to to the DJ

I would NEVER have bothered listening to that Shackleton/A7Fold tune

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't care if this is a 1 person thread FTR

tY6lnqY.gif