Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vimothy and the alt right

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    There are plenty of groups operating outside of the law in America, relying on violence and blood feuds to settle disputes. The contemptible thing about Donovan is he'd rather role play it. Go and be a Sonny Barger, go and be a Big Meech if you want to test yourself in that world, but remember the stakes are high. People really get killed.
    But don't dress up like Kaal Drogo and howl in the woods with your mates and then tell us that's the essence of masculinity.
    LOL

I do think an awful lot of this stuff is about nerdy men who are scared of women and therefore resent them.

This Andrew O'Hagen piece about mass killers in the US addresses this issue: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n20/andrew-...le-now-bitches

And here's my old mucker Martin Amis, also in the LRB, writing on Robert Bly's masculinity-crisis tome 'Iron John': http://www.lrb.co.uk/v13/n23/martin-...rn-of-the-male

http://hyperstition.abstractdynamics.org/

reza, the iranian who wrote cyclonopedia was a contributor here too
    I'm friends with Kristen Alvanson (artist/Mrs Reza) on Facebook. Just seen a photo she's posted of a bunch of people sitting on the floor in an apartment surrounded by big scribbled-on squares of card. The caption is

Party at my and reza's place for nick land a couple weeks ago. Talking about the diagrams each person made of how their mind works. That was fun, thanks [------] for the photo.
    Kind of disappointed one of them isn't a big amphetamine molecule or an Adderall capsule.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I think this video is important, a high watermark of sorts. Once you realise its not a parody you can see it as a summary of the US alt-right and a vision of SS youtube circa 1937 - except worse. I particularly like the comments - the many open calls for genocide of European non-whites and debates on whether right wing Jews should be allowed in 'the movement'.

And, whilst not entirely germane, Ive now been sucked into an alt-right/Nazi pop pastiche Youtube rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    LOL

And here's my old mucker Martin Amis, also in the LRB, writing on Robert Bly's masculinity-crisis tome 'Iron John': http://www.lrb.co.uk/v13/n23/martin-...rn-of-the-male
    surprise surprise, jack donovan has reviewed this book too. Verdict: quite good in places but needs more balls

http://www.jack-donovan.com/axis/201...ing-iron-john/

a word of warning. this article contains the following words and phrases; 'men’s movement”, 'mancession', 'katabasis for men', 'inner warrior', 'male initiation', 'woundology', 'authentic, organic masculine experience' and 'a wounded male soul'.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    ...'inner warrior'...
    Well if Naomi Wolf can have an 'inner goddess' then why not, eh?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    And, whilst not entirely germane, Ive now been sucked into an alt-right/Nazi pop pastiche Youtube rabbit hole.

Fourth from right - wow, that's a new direction for Simon Pegg, isn't it?

Breaking Bad is all about reclaiming masculinity

Breaking Bad is all about reclaiming masculinity
    And Fight Club before that, of course.

Yes but everybody understood that about fight club whereas for some reason a lot of people missed the point of breaking bad

"I am not much for the term 'alt-right" because it implies that neo-Nazis somehow become new, different, interesting and edgy when they get a Twitter account and express their support for Donald Trump,"
    https://mic.com/articles/152233/the-...s-here-to-stay

Probably a distinction to be made between anarcho capitalist scum, rationalist fedora pricks, tea party nutbags and outright neo-nazi racists... though perhaps the genius of the alt-right is that it brings them all together?

Brings them all together under one banner, to wage righteous war on that woman from ghostbusters twitter account

I want to know Vim's opinion on all of this!

My opinion is that these amateurs could certainly take a few lessons in trolling from Luka