vimothy and the alt right

poetix

we murder to dissect
The evolution of NoFap has been interesting, I'd always assumed it was a "Master of your domain" thing about proving to yourself that you were stronger than your base sexual urges, with maybe an element of tantric semen-conservation mystic woo retrofitted to it. But the full redpill narrative hooks it into this pseudo-scientific story about gender and evolutionary psychology, with testosterone taking the place of Chi energy, and serving as the root of physical as well as spiritual vitality.

It's quite neo-Victorian in some ways - Victorian masturbation panics were all about sexuality vitiating the health of the race, turning healthy males into vampire-drained, intellectually enfeebled shadows of themselves (while making women permanently-flushed hysterical nymphomaniacs). Like anti-semitism, it's really weird to see all that nonsense come back into fashionability.

poetix

we murder to dissect
(and actually Jews in the anti-semitic imaginary are basically masturbators, what they do to the health of the polity just is what masturbation does to the health of the body - an unregulated sexuality that corrodes everything it touches. USURA, etc)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The evolution of NoFap has been interesting, I'd always assumed it was a "Master of your domain" thing about proving to yourself that you were stronger than your base sexual urges, with maybe an element of tantric semen-conservation mystic woo retrofitted to it. But the full redpill narrative hooks it into this pseudo-scientific story about gender and evolutionary psychology, with testosterone taking the place of Chi energy, and serving as the root of physical as well as spiritual vitality.

It's quite neo-Victorian in some ways - Victorian masturbation panics were all about sexuality vitiating the health of the race, turning healthy males into vampire-drained, intellectually enfeebled shadows of themselves (while making women permanently-flushed hysterical nymphomaniacs). Like anti-semitism, it's really weird to see all that nonsense come back into fashionability.

anti-sem(en)itism?

I wonder what a lot of these guys think about circumcision. I'd guess many are against it, for its association with Jewish and Muslim culture as much as for any reason, yet its prevalence in the general non-Jewish/non-Muslim population in the USA goes back to Kellogg, who created an entire (pseudo)science of #NoFap.

luka

This is such a good thread. Makes a lot of our subsequent discussions redundant.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Maybe we can think of the trickster and the troll as the two sides of the joker, in a jekyll and hyde between playful and violent, at its extremes felt as a ludic sadism, chaos incarnate. Seems like the alt-right could be social manifestation of something like this, in a pseudo religious and taboo-fueled manner.

luka

i found the bit of the forum where i interview vimothy of his path to the alt-right. you can read it here

craner

Beast of Burden
You were on the money, here. You saw the future. I was sceptical at the time, but here we are, with Vimothy doling out the Putinista talking points.

IdleRich

IdleRich
anti-sem(en)itism?

I wonder what a lot of these guys think about circumcision. I'd guess many are against it, for its association with Jewish and Muslim culture as much as for any reason, yet its prevalence in the general non-Jewish/non-Muslim population in the USA goes back to Kellogg, who created an entire (pseudo)science of #NoFap.
So was there a belief that lopping off the foreskin would decrease or even prevent wanking?
Not totally sure on the timeline but was Onan circumcised? Cos if so then the fact that the most famous tosser in history was snipped doesn't really help the argument much.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So was there a belief that lopping off the foreskin would decrease or even prevent wanking?
Not totally sure on the timeline but was Onan circumcised? Cos if so then the fact that the most famous tosser in history was snipped doesn't really help the argument much.
Wasn't the 'sin of Onan' not so much wanking as pulling out while fucking and therefore spaffing on the ground? Over time it came to mean wanking, but I don't that was the original meaning.

wild greens

i found the bit of the forum where i interview vimothy of his path to the alt-right. you can read it here

I'm not sure who "slowtrain" is but it is a real tragedy that the article this links to a few pages later seems to have disappeared