vimothy and the alt right

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm not sure who "slowtrain" is but it is a real tragedy that the article this links to a few pages later seems to have disappeared
Yeah, I clicked it yesterday and was sorely disappointed.

Edit: thankfully Wayback Machine has it archived!

vimothy

yurp
i found the bit of the forum where i interview vimothy of his path to the alt-right. you can read it here

re-read this against my better judgement and I dont hate my replies, possibly even stand by them today

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In decades to come, there will be snarky memes about "Why everyone I disagree with is vimothy."

vimothy

yurp
one of the weird things about dissensus is that you can read your views from ten, twenty, years ago, like it's someone else. its like seeing a pic of yourself at school. obvs you were there at the time but you've completely forgotten the context.

vimothy

yurp
I don't think that, today, I would even classify myself as being on "the right". I dont think the right-left distinction is particularly meaningful any more. society has moved beyond it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is what someone on the right would say.
Elon Musk loves to say "I'm not really on on the left or the right, in traditional terms."

In fact it's his second-favourite thing to say after "We must stop a conspiracy of queer, godless, Jewish intellectuals destroying Western civilization by encouraging immigration and attacking the family unit."

vimothy

yurp
he does say that a lot, tbf. but I mean the struggle bw left and right, atheistic communism vs christian capitalism, or however you characterise the 19th and 20th century political meta narrative, is over. obvs you can still line up in those corners, but I dont think it means the same thing today, bc he outcome has already been decided.