Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Empowered Nerd.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Empowered Nerd.

i was saying this on facebook the other day. i think the new empowered entitled nerd is a blight on our times. its especially posioned the interent. nerds were ok when they just shunned society and played role playing games together in closed communities. now theyre martin skhrkel or whatever.
    theyre politics are gross. they are physically and morally repulsive. i think we must eradicate them.

they have poor personal hygeine and they make memes all day and form packs to attack that woman off of the ghostbusters film. theyre faux leather chair that they sit in to play computer is all wet with sweat. they dont read good books only science fiction and they play computer games too much.

how do we wipe them off the internet and force them out of the public spehere where they do not belong and back into closed rpg playing communties? it is one of the most pressing issues facing us today.

no sense of civic duty or social resposibility. give them money and they just want to splurge it on some bug dumb sci fi fantasy like xray glasses or a mechwarrior suit.

theyre vision is limited. its a microfocus brain. good for computer programming but terrible for understanding the world. but they equate programming ability with intelliegence. like that is the sole meausre for braininess. if you can stare at a screen for 15 hours making micro adjustments to a field of abstract symbols. thats basically just accountancy. before computers became so important thats what we let them do. accounts. now they think they are special.
    i dont mind the traditional ones that just snuffle about in basements and dont bother anyone. they smell but theyre harmless. im just talking about the empowered ones.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    ...a mechwarrior suit.
    Come on now, don't pretend you wouldn't jump at the chance to own one of these if it ever arose.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

how do we wipe them off the internet and force them out of the public spehere where they do not belong and back into closed rpg playing communties? it is one of the most pressing issues facing us today.
    LoL you are hilarious sometimes

I tend to think this is what these alt right guys are. That guy who wanted to shoot up a sorority house. Breivik, too - big World of Warcraft player.

But then theres the kind of nerd who plays Mario Maker and has a beard and is jovial and witty. The post adolescent nerd, perhaps?

Yes, we need a taxonomy of nerds. The empowered nerd is maybe not the correct term. But it's a specific type of nerd I want to eradicate not the jovial real ale drinking fedora wearing terry pratchet reading ones you refer to.

It's where a psychological process of compensation creates a self identification as ubermensch.

Yes, we need a taxonomy of nerds. The empowered nerd is maybe not the correct term. But it's a specific type of nerd I want to eradicate not the jovial real ale drinking fedora wearing terry pratchet reading ones you refer to.
    I thought "entitled nerd" got it pretty well. I've also heard "internet man-babies", particularly for the sub-class who act like they're the victims of Stalinist oppression if the latest edition of their favorite game franchise doesn't have bouncy enough tits in it.

i was saying this on facebook the other day. i think the new empowered entitled nerd is a blight on our times. its especially posioned the interent. nerds were ok when they just shunned society and played role playing games together in closed communities. now theyre martin skhrkel or whatever.
    theyre politics are gross. they are physically and morally repulsive. i think we must eradicate them.
    Shows how credulous I am that I missed the ironic intent I assume was behind your initial posts!

I was kinda onside with the getting rid of nerds thing.

Assuming you aren't a nerd and (more audaciously) that I'm not one either!

i dunno, i think i meant it at the time. cant remember.

It's clear to me that you're parodying the anti-nerd rhetoric that has arisen in the wake of Trumpmania. The blaming of this problem on nerds, rather than on people who enjoy watching American Football and committing hate crimes.

I only worked this out because I was confused by the fact that you were defending the angry nerds who shoot up schools even though initially you'd been saying nerds are a scourge to society.

maybe im just confused