Who do I talk to about my niche interests now not even the Internet cares?

luka

Blogs and then forums filled the hole for a bit but now they are dead. What now? I need someone to set up a chatline

IdleRich

IdleRich
What makes you think that the internet has stopped caring? There must be some place even if dissensus has slowed down... right?

rubberdingyrapids

the internet killed niche interests

ok obv it didnt

but maybe theres no fun in talking about niche interests once youve realised theyre no longer that niche.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
at least you keep reading and responding. i'll always have you droid.

D'awww, you two are so sweet.

581278438_189667f11a.jpg

luka

never noticed that important piece of information. Luke the last in the line of jedi knights, saviour of the universe and droid his malfunctioning butler-bot

droid

never noticed that important piece of information. Luke the last in the line of jedi knights, saviour of the universe and droid his malfunctioning butler-bot

A gormless incestuous meat sack who mostly gets in the way whilst the machine does all the real work.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is Reddit where forums went after they died? Or is that Facebook?

Quora is endlessly entertaining, though not for purposes of discussion.

firefinga

Is Reddit where forums went after they died? Or is that Facebook?

Quora is endlessly entertaining, though not for purposes of discussion.

Mostly Facebook groups. Pros: you reach much more people than on forums. Which is pretty much the only "pro" there is to crappy FB.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The UK mushroom foraging group is quite good, if you like that sort of thing. There are variants for just about every type of living thing you can spot with the naked eye. Luke is a member of a group dedicated to moth-spotting, for instance.

Angry People In Local Newspapers is my go-to group for funny stuff now that Get In The Sea seems to have run its course. Shit London is sometimes good too.