Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Art

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Be a good sport and give us the artists' names plz
    Sorry, I just posted a bunch of paintings from the Wiki of Ice and Fire. Names now added.

Can I get some love for Luigi Serafini?

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I think John Howe is pretty much the undisputed master of straight-up high fantasy art:

There was an 18th century Italian guy called Piranesi, who did these amazing phantasmagoric drawings of impossible 'prisons', and which were obviously a big influence on Escher:

Nicholas Roerich is worth a look, too.

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Ah, fuckit.

Love John Howe. He was one of the artists Peter Jackson brought on board for the LOTR trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Love John Howe. He was one of the artists Peter Jackson brought on board for the LOTR trilogy.
    Yeah, and the other guy was Alan Lee, who isn't too shabby either:

Which explains why the films were - for me, as a big-time childhood JRRT fan - visually close to perfect, even if they fell a bit wide of the mark in some other respects.