Kuedo - Slow Knife (Planet Mu)

CrowleyHead

Not to be a grime nerd, but do you know when there's that time Martin interviewed Dizzee, and he plays Dizzee the Wiley "Letter 2 Dizzee" and he listens to it, and Dizzee is just at the end of it so annoyed and perplexed? Every time I look at that site (three or four times now) I know exactly how he must have felt. It radiates with the fake-wokeocity of a "Zeitgeist" or the new one doc everyone was going on about by Adam something or another.

I never get to listen to too much of the score so fair play to Jamie I bet making sounds to describe the dread of capitalism in the digital age as a hellscape is easy for him. But the dude behind The Sprawl... To be perfectly forward, I used to follow this guy on tumblr because he had a podcast in Berlin where he hosted an early Kuedo set, and had typically 'left-field' music, which is great obviously I benefitted from it. BUT, once we play into the game of OH WELL LOOK WHAT THE EVIL CORPORATIONS OF THE WEST DO, BUT WHAT I DO WITH MY ART ORIENTED FRIENDS IS 'REAL', IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BIG DOLLAR SIGNS...

There's got to be a way to be more genuinely benevolent about trying to navigate shit like that, not just have your Phantom of the Paradise moment.

rubberdingyrapids

i stopped listening to this a while ago.

to me, its like he crushed himself by over thinking it, and ended up with something a bit leaden and constipated, as if he lost all sense of what was good and bad, and couldnt come up with anything that resembled what he wanted it to be (i imagine all the stuff he binned for being too like the first album might be better, or have more natural momentum at least).

i have faith the 3rd kuedo album will be an improvement.

Last edited: