Where Should I Go On Holiday Next Year?

luka

yeah the general flithiness takes a bit of getting used to but you do get used to it. coming back into kings cross youre struck by how modern and clean and effecient everything is.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I met a bloke in Berlin who said he had been attracted to living there by the fact you don't have to work much to live there. He said the downside of living there was that everybody is a bit scruffy.

I thought 'this is my home'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
yeah the general flithiness takes a bit of getting used to but you do get used to it. coming back into kings cross youre struck by how modern and clean and effecient everything is.

I changed trains at Paris heading either to/from my parents a few years around Christmas. Moment I stepped off the train there was a massive turd right there on the platform. Could plausibly have been either canine or human.

luka

they dont bother to buff graffiti from walls either which gives it a very different look to london

Numbers

I don't know if you like hiking, but if you do Corsica's GR20 makes for a cheap and wonderful holiday. If you go from south to north, instead of the more popular north-south, you can avoid most of the other hikers during the day.

If you fancy Italy, Lampedusa could be a very interesting destination. Although it might seem counter-intuitive, going there as tourist sustains the suffering local economy, which in turn makes it easier for them to maintain their hospitable attitude towards the arriving refugees. Also, as far as I've seen it is really beautiful and you can read the Leopard on the beach.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This year I have been to Lisbon. Hoping to go Amalfi coast in September. I'd like another short solo city break before then, I'm thinking maybe Vienna. I'd like to go to Istanbul but Turkey seems a bit dodgy atm.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I'm in the epicenter of the Brooklyn Cultural Maffia right now, that is Mexico City. I'm with my brother and since we're both idiots we booked a place in a "hip" neighborhood, everybody here is from Brooklyn or Scandinavia I think. Just now we ate something and everybody was blonde or had a weird moustache. A lot of people were wearing striped blouses in pastel colours, with a baggy fit. From the outside I guess the whole terrace looked like an Amish gathering.

The other day we were in a smaller village somewhere else in Mexico and we booked a tour that would show us traditional weaving. At one point the entire group of about 10 people stood around an old woman that couldn't communicate with us cos she spoke an indigenous language (Spanish wouldn't have helped much either cos none of us spoke that), she was showing us the weaving. And I couldn't stop thinking how I would feel if ten foreign people with cameras would come and circle me in my office job staring at me and taking photos as I'm copy pasting some numbers in an excel sheet. It's weird and uncomfortable to be a tourist.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
There are a lot of "boutiques" here and coffee places with many types of coffees, a lot of them also have a rack of vintage clothing or accessoires. So you could get a coffee AND buy a vintage shirt with 2pac on it at the same time.

What else is here, many white people walking their designer dogs, often those skinny ones that can run fast. I'm always in awe of these people because the dog signals they actually live here and are not just on holiday, you can see it in the way they move and walk, very confident and with big strides. I will never understand these people.

Leo

and traveling the world. you can't name a city without Shaka responding about where to get the best tacos or back rub there.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Fairly sure there are parts of Italy that are much dodgier than most, if not all, of Ghana.
Paris is great but I'd go to Marseille tbh. Iit sounds amazing. Someone described it to me as having all the energy of a top European urban centre but with a strong North African influence. Plus it's near enough you can get a train home if you get mugged or shot in a drive by.
The Eurostar used to run all the way direct, might be two trains now.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Italy is amazing. Rome is the obvious, but the Amalfi is beautiful, as is Genoa & Liguria. Some great walking up by the lakes, though Milan isnt the nicest city.
Florence is fantastic as well, particularly if you'd like to gorge on art and history. We went to Catania in Sicily last year and that's great though a bit "faded glamour". Best bit for me was going up Mount Etna which was magical after 2 years of lockdown.