Switzerland
Germany (Berlin)
Serbia (EXIT Festival)
Hungary (Budapest)
Cyprus
U.S. (California)
Thailand
Egypt

I don't earn a great deal ATM. But I'm willing to save up by stopping myself from buying books I don't read.

Where should I go?

luka

one out of those last three. or switzerland if youre just hiking in the alps. be a weird place to go otherwise.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I live in Devon now. It's really beautiful. You could save some money and come here.

I can confirm that Switzerland is a bit weird. Much of it's stunning, of course. It's all rather straight-laced and conservative, although Geneva got more interesting when I discovered a pretty good weekly drum'n'bass night about halfway through the year I was there, along with a hookup for some very strong (albeit extortionate) weed.

Istanbul is great but Turkey is in such a fucking state right now, can't see myself going back there any time soon. (Yes, of course actual Turkish people are more immediately affected by events there than Western would-be tourists, before anyone jumps on me for this.)

I had a wicked time in Amman last year but I was only there for a few days. Definitely mean to go back and fit in a visit to Petra.

I've never yet been to Scandinavia and really want to go. I know it's expensive as fuck, especially with the pound tanking, but you could offset this by going hiking/cycling/youth-hosteling, rather than burning through your cash with urban hotels/restaurants/bars and whatever.

luka

i havent been many places in my life but i like Osaka and Paris best. Tea is right that Devon has its good points but its cheaper to fly across the globe than get a train to Devon.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You've misunderstood my post, I've already been to Switzerland. I don't want to go back. (Although the Alps are good and I liked having a coffee where Hitler once made plans to exterminate half the human race.)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i havent been many places in my life but i like Osaka and Paris best. Tea is right that Devon has its good points but its cheaper to fly across the globe than get a train to Devon.

£32.75 return when I came up last month and saw you and Edmund. Dunno where Corpsey lives tho.

Edit: that's assuming it's the same price to go in either direction on a given service on a given line, which it might not be, I dunno.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Sell me on Paris, cos that's doable.

I fancy Italy. I fancy Spain.

Quite fancy Ghana actually, assuming it's safe out there.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sell me on Paris, cos that's doable.

I fancy Italy. I fancy Spain.

Quite fancy Ghana actually, assuming it's safe out there.

Fairly sure there are parts of Italy that are much dodgier than most, if not all, of Ghana.

droid

Italy is amazing. Rome is the obvious, but the Amalfi is beautiful, as is Genoa & Liguria. Some great walking up by the lakes, though Milan isnt the nicest city.

luka

i pay £80 return to Totnes when I go. Paris is for urbane sophisticates Corpsey, you wouldnt like it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was always put off Paris by my parents telling me it was full of rude froggy frog cunts.

(Not their words.)

luka

theyre always very nice to me cos they recognise a fellow urbane arrogant sophisticate when they see one. bartenders give me free drinks all that sutff. hes one of us i can hear them thinking

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
yeah, you're rude like a Frenchman.

(I've actually met about three french ppl in my entire life and they were all really nice.)