The Tabloids

droid

lol. Its a tricky one actually. I think the Sun pic is a touch darker, but certainly within the realms of printer error. The times has the contrast and yellows pushed up and the sun has taken out all the high midtones and reduced the contrast.

firefinga

I am not from the UK/Ireland as most of dissensus' readers seem to be but in austria we have tabloids too of course. We have two tabloids here that are actually free, financed all via advertising, and extremely successfull. People get them nearby bus stations, railway stations, outside supermarkets and so on, and occasionally I travel by train and see people reading those in masses. Do you have them, too?

Needless to say, those free ones are even more about spectacle, sensationalism and aiming at the emotional in an even cruder fashion than the established tabloids (which still cost money)

luka

I am not from the UK/Ireland as most of dissensus' readers seem to be but in austria we have tabloids too of course. We have two tabloids here that are actually free, financed all via advertising, and extremely successfull. People get them nearby bus stations, railway stations, outside supermarkets and so on, and occasionally I travel by train and see people reading those in masses. Do you have them, too?

Needless to say, those free ones are even more about spectacle, sensationalism and aiming at the emotional in an even cruder fashion than the established tabloids (which still cost money)

We have one but it's less extreme than the sun. Mostly celeb gossip.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The Metro, owned by The Daily Mail I believe? Definitely a rag but as Luka says less political.

Evening Standard might also be run by the Mail. More political, right wing.