Best of 2016

luka

How do you know what I'm hearing? It's morning there so you're not even drinking

luka

come back to me later when youve had a little drinky and things are flowing nicely

sadmanbarty

What's dun talking

The breakout star from your 'road rap meets funky thread ting' thread. I wouldn't consider it British rap, it owes too much to dancehall and afrobeats (and arguably grime with those orchestral stabs). It's distinctly british rather than being a poor imitation of music from the US.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
come back to me later when youve had a little drinky and things are flowing nicely

Yeah pissed and still don't like it. Am concentrating on what people here and why, and how. So yes, I don't hear what you hear. Is that sad, do you think?

Blackdown

nexKeysound

Bit ashamed I like this.

Music is a bit shit these days IMO

or am I so out of touch?

I like this tune too. I also like listening to it being out of touch with the R1 playlist-kinda stuff, so you get non of the teen context, just the tune.

rubberdingyrapids

babyfather album is no.1 in the RA list which surprised me, though i would put at the top of my list too, and in fact, i already did so in this post.

I know it's 2017 n all now, but I kept going back to these albums last year

Anderson Paak - Malibu
Chino Amobi - Airport Music for Black Folk
Cardi B - Gangsta Bitch Music Vol 1
ATCQ - We Got it from Here...
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Dawn - Redemption
V/A - The Sound of Durban Vol 1
Seekers International - Lovers Dedication Station

btw is anyone paying attention to 'NON' artists like Chino Amobi, Angel Ho, FAKA etc? I'm still not super well versed on them but I really loved 'Airport Music...'.

Numbers

2016 is the year during which I realised that most, if not all of the constitutive elements of electronic music lost their countercultural value. Quite late, I admit.